NR1601 Popping sound and flashing red light

gktk

Standard Member
Reaction score
i assume my NR1601 is damaged and needs to be replaced but wondered if anyone else has experienced the following.

Basically a loud pop and the on button flashes red every 0.5 sec, checking the manual it says it needs to be replaced.

I unplug it for 1/2 hr, plug it back in and it then works. Anyone else get this?

i assume my NR1601 is damaged and needs to be replaced but wondered if anyone else has experienced the following.

Basically a loud pop and the on button flashes red every 0.5 sec, checking the manual it says it needs to be replaced.

I unplug it for 1/2 hr, plug it back in and it then works. Anyone else get this?

i had this happen to my nr1501 but in my case i had a loud pop and nothing at all was displayed on the screen other than a flashing red light.

absolutely nothing i tried made a difference i unplugged it from the mains and replugged it and all i got was the flashing red light. so i ended up taking it back to richer sounds where i got it from.

i did start a thread just alerting people who had brought one about this potentially happening but it didn't go down to well as i was accused of scare mungering.

hopefully you can get it repaired or replaced.

ok thanks for letting me know, will send back to richer sounds

That's not too good mate. I assume the 1601 is only a few months old like mine? Hopefully it's just a one off.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

What have you got connected to it, there is a case of the 6004 going into protection mode when it gets too high a level via hdmi, wonder if it is a similar thing? The fact it is resetting indicates something like this, or possibly a speaker wire short?

yeah about 2months old. Spoke to RS today and they said bring it in no problme, also bought the 5yr extended warranty which I never do so glad i did

re: wire short... did check in detail and no shorts but will check again, can easily miss a small bit of wire with 6 speakers connected

have 2 x hdmi, 1 x component. Appreciate the info re: too high volume via hdmi ..will lower the volume a bit on both and see how it goes.

Annoying thing is i live in belgium so have to mission with the amp on eurostar to take it back...

thanks all

What have you got connected to it, there is a case of the 6004 going into protection mode when it gets too high a level via hdmi, wonder if it is a similar thing? The fact it is resetting indicates something like this, or possibly a speaker wire short?

Travelling in from Belgium to replace an amp, that's dedication! I think the whole protection process covers so many different faults on a modern receiver that if almost any thing goes wrong with it, you will get the same symptoms. Good luck with it anyway.

Thanks, well a weekly eurostar traveller so not that bad, saved £100+ compared to local Belgium shops so worth it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom