• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NR1601 Popping sound and flashing red light

gktk

Standard Member
i assume my NR1601 is damaged and needs to be replaced but wondered if anyone else has experienced the following.

Basically a loud pop and the on button flashes red every 0.5 sec, checking the manual it says it needs to be replaced.

I unplug it for 1/2 hr, plug it back in and it then works. Anyone else get this?

Silverblack

i assume my NR1601 is damaged and needs to be replaced but wondered if anyone else has experienced the following.

Basically a loud pop and the on button flashes red every 0.5 sec, checking the manual it says it needs to be replaced.

I unplug it for 1/2 hr, plug it back in and it then works. Anyone else get this?

i had this happen to my nr1501 but in my case i had a loud pop and nothing at all was displayed on the screen other than a flashing red light.

absolutely nothing i tried made a difference i unplugged it from the mains and replugged it and all i got was the flashing red light. so i ended up taking it back to richer sounds where i got it from.

i did start a thread just alerting people who had brought one about this potentially happening but it didn't go down to well as i was accused of scare mungering.

hopefully you can get it repaired or replaced.

Wozza20ten

That's not too good mate. I assume the 1601 is only a few months old like mine? Hopefully it's just a one off.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

a8ch

What have you got connected to it, there is a case of the 6004 going into protection mode when it gets too high a level via hdmi, wonder if it is a similar thing? The fact it is resetting indicates something like this, or possibly a speaker wire short?

gktk

Standard Member
yeah about 2months old. Spoke to RS today and they said bring it in no problme, also bought the 5yr extended warranty which I never do so glad i did

gktk

Standard Member
re: wire short... did check in detail and no shorts but will check again, can easily miss a small bit of wire with 6 speakers connected

have 2 x hdmi, 1 x component. Appreciate the info re: too high volume via hdmi ..will lower the volume a bit on both and see how it goes.

Annoying thing is i live in belgium so have to mission with the amp on eurostar to take it back...

thanks all

What have you got connected to it, there is a case of the 6004 going into protection mode when it gets too high a level via hdmi, wonder if it is a similar thing? The fact it is resetting indicates something like this, or possibly a speaker wire short?

clear and blue

Travelling in from Belgium to replace an amp, that's dedication! I think the whole protection process covers so many different faults on a modern receiver that if almost any thing goes wrong with it, you will get the same symptoms. Good luck with it anyway.

gktk

Standard Member
Thanks, well a weekly eurostar traveller so not that bad, saved £100+ compared to local Belgium shops so worth it

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom