1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now What !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by oggy, Jun 15, 2003.

1. oggy

oggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Now that Ive bought the camera ( Casio Exilim Ex-M2 ) what size memory card do you buy ? which type ? multi media,secure digital,or 1 of the other cards available.I want to be able to play music with the mp3 player but how much space will that use up on these cards ?.Do you need to buy a card reader or other such equipment I need to know all this as we are off to Ibiza soon and I thought home cinema was mind boggling :laugh: .Appreciate any advice on the subject:zonked:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Just had a quick look at a site and it recommends 'Secure Digital' memory cards.
    Size: I would recommend a few smaller cards rather than one large card. If you loose the one large card (or even damage it) you have lost all your pics. A few small cards can be left at home safely until you can get the pics onto your PC.
    I always use a card reader rather than connecting the camera directly to the PC. This is really just personal choice as I find it more convenient. You can upload pics while the camera is still being used.

Enjoy the holiday and take lots of pics, after all you don't need to pay to get them developed anymore :clap:

Mark.

3. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a Lexar SD 64MB card on ebay for under £20.
    It holds around 88 photos on the highest quality.
    I think the site was www.mymemory.uk.com
    Jessops wanted £40+ for the same thing !

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    And Dixons want even more. :devil:

I would not even think about buying digicam food from a shop. Online prices are now far below that of the high street.
    A year ago I bout 2 128Mb compact flash catd for £44 each, I could now get them for about £30 each.

Mark.

5. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    There's a guy from NYC on EBay selling 256mb SD cards regularly for around the £50-60 mark, and has practically flawless and extremely high user rating.

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    Not a bad price (if you can get it for that, being an auction :rolleyes: ), but as I have said before £50 on 1 card is a lot to loose should the card get lost/damaged. IMO you are better getting a couple of smaller cards for the same money!

Mark.

7. oggy

oggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cheap websitepixmania.co.uk says .co.uk but is actually based in Paris, France but if you order before 1pm then next day delivery wish i had found them before spending my cash on card and reader from orcologic but there you go thats the internet for you. Marke19 only 11 days to go till the hols but i am not really counting...10...9...8...7...lol:clap: cheersm8