Question Now TV

UMAR 3:16

Can someone please help. I am about the cancel sky q. I only watch sky atlanic (game of thrones) and fox (walking dead).

On my LG B7, there is a now tv app. Couple of question, if I get the entertainment pass, I think I will get the above two channels,

1) what quality does this stream in? I doubt 4K will be used as it’s not even on sky in 4K (those two channels)
2) how do I purchase this? I like the idea of cancelling this and getting it only when I want to watch the programmes I want.

Other than that I use Netflix and amazon prime and 4K UHD.

any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

jwsg

As a new subscriber to NowTv you should be able to pick up a year or 6 months at a good price (from Now TV site) and go through quidco/topcashback for more off too. When you renew try not to go above £5pm for entertainment

If you can keep the price down there are actually a lot of good series on Now TV - even if Netflix/Amazon get a higher profile.

The LG app is OK (no downloads though), but Now TV is 720p and walking dead being grainy looks particularly bad but Das Boot looks OK in comparison.

As a new subscriber to NowTv you should be able to pick up a year or 6 months at a good price (from Now TV site) and go through quidco/topcashback for more off too. When you renew try not to go above £5pm for entertainment

If you can keep the price down there are actually a lot of good series on Now TV - even if Netflix/Amazon get a higher profile.

The LG app is OK (no downloads though), but Now TV is 720p and walking dead being grainy looks particularly bad but Das Boot looks OK in comparison.

What’s a Das boot? Is there a way up the quality? What will the 4K box now tv achieve in terms of quality? And how do you get downloads? Assume you can stream? Not too bothered about downloads but want better quality pic

jwsg

Das Boot Season 1 Review

A 4K capable box wont affect Now TV streams, its for Netflix etc, with my C8 I use the built in app rather than bothering with lots of boxes and sticks.

Audio is stereo only, looks like NowTV is always going to be the poor relative of Sky Q etc but its the programs themselves that really matter.

The other irritant with Now TV is the lifetime of series - some appear when broadcast and only stay available for a few weeks. Then they might appear again at random or as fairly permanent "box sets"

Hmmmm food for thought then. Why offer such a poor stream

Chinstroke

Not sure what you mean by that?
Well to give you an idea I paid £99 for 12 months (£8.25 per month for both) of sky cinema and entertainment on Now TV. How much would the same content have cost me if I had a Sky Subscription. I was exaggerating a little by suggesting that would cost £100 per month but if is not unusual to hear of people paying that amount each month to sky. With that in mind if they were to offer 4k and 5.1 on Now tv, just think how many subscribers they would lose to the cheaper service.

wot a palaver

One thing to note, if you use a free trial you will not be considered to be a new customer if you want to use one of the online deals.

At the moment a web search should bring up a deal that gets you six months of movies and entertainment for £50 and pennies. If you start a free trial you wouldn't be able to use this offer.

NowTv determine who is a new customer by their email address. New email address = new customer.

I might be wrong but I think NowTV broadcasts exclusively in 720P.

D

Deleted member 765458

One thing to note, if you use a free trial you will not be considered to be a new customer if you want to use one of the online deals.

At the moment a web search should bring up a deal that gets you six months of movies and entertainment for £50 and pennies. If you start a free trial you wouldn't be able to use this offer.

NowTv determine who is a new customer by their email address. New email address = new customer.

I might be wrong but I think NowTV broadcasts exclusively in 720P.

Here is the deal Join us for longer and save with our introductory offers

LX200GPS

If you watch sport then don't bother with Now TV - the picture quality is horrendous on account of the frame rate. Makes me feel sea sick. And, as others have said, you get 720p on a great 4k telly. Try it and see. That's what I did but won't be going back.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I doubt if the picture or sound quality of NowTV will be improved, given that Sky X has launched in Austria. As for quality, it looked rubbish to me years ago when I tried it on my current HD TV, so I dread to think what it would look like on the latest 4K sets. It’s a pity, because the underlying service isn’t that bad overall, but then that’s Sky for you: treat your customers with contempt but keep relieving them of their cash.

Clem

Well I’m on the trail thing and honestly the quality on my LG B7 and Samsung nu8000 is not bad at all. Sky q quality is pretty crap anyway especially when watching programmes like the walking dead and it looks just fine on now tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom