Now TV on old CRT

ghinzani

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying to use an old Now TV box with an even older CRT TV in the garage. However I'm not sure if either I haven't got the lead type right or the CRT will accept the output format. IMG_20161205_190213.jpg IMG_20161205_190121.jpg IMG_20161205_190228.jpg
Am I doing this all wrong?
Thanks

I don't think you will have any luck as for a kick off the CRT will be analogue and Now will be a digital signal.
Then you have many channels broadcasting well above 625 lines.
just realised I have a CRT with a freesat box but then its 16:9
Heck the TV 4:3 and they broadcasting in 16:9 which the TV will not have conversion to 16:9. Where as 16:9 TV do accommodate 4:3.

For the faff if I could afford it I buy a new tv there as cheap as £79.99 for a 20 inch

Yes I do have a couple small flat screen TVs I could use but would like to use the CRT as its in the garage and things have a habit of flying around or getting sprayed, and got a stack of CRT sat there. I'm wondering if its the lead personally. Its like a 3.5 mm Jack plug going into it and when I tried it with my 50" Samsung flat screen I got the same broken up picture.

I am proberly wrong but I have vague memories of some TVs having a specific channel on the remote for scart .

Maybe 0 or something but cannot recall detail.

You need A/V channel.
"
If using SCART, it should be a case of switching your TV or recorder to the appropriate AV / Line-in feed (for example, if the set-top box is connected to the SCART socket labeled Av1, then you need to tune in to the Av1 Line In). The remote control on the TV/recorder may have an icon like the one to the right. If in doubt, refer to the manual for details of how to select the AV / Aux / Line-in feed on your TV/recorder. "

TV Connectivity Help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, yes its on the scart channel, verified it with an old Sky box.

Thanks, yes its on the scart channel, verified it with an old Sky box.
I dont know if you can do it with the SKY box but I have my blu ray player/recorder Freeview linked to an old VHS machine via a scart then take a lead to the back room tv via a normal aerial lead although have to tune it into the players out put channel.
Only thing with the VHS player I can chose the input from the scart.

I must add this wont work for linking blu ray stuff

I dont know if you can do it with the SKY box but I have my blu ray player/recorder Freeview linked to an old VHS machine via a scart then take a lead to the back room tv via a normal aerial lead although have to tune it into the players out put channel.
Only thing with the VHS player I can chose the input from the scart.

I must add this wont work for linking blu ray stuff

Was sort of hoping to go via the component output to a scart adapter. Will try straight component first and see.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Solved it. 3.5 mm jack when pushed in all the way is the issue. Pulled it out (accidentally) so only two yellow bits were in the Roku and now works fine. Every so slightly happy!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom