1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now This Looks Good!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Jan 6, 2001.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    APPARENTLY THERE ARE A MASS OF NEW SANYO LCD PROJECTORS;-

This one caught my eye,the plc xp18n.
    Features include;- digital progressive scanning,digital video scaling,contrast ratio of 700;1,digital keystone correction,hdtv compatible(upto 1080i),2000 ansi lumens,16.9 mode,power zoom/focus,90% uniformity,xga panel,

This looks good-certainly far better contast and brightness figures than the sony w/screen OR the seleco ht200.
    There is a dedicated 16mb chip to handle the scanning,auto colour correction circuitry...price is tops 6k.(i have a feeling i know where i could get this for 4.5k-5k mind you..)...uuuummmmmm...

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Charles,

According to the official figure supplied by Sanyo to its trade distributor, the contrast ratio of the XP18 is 350:1.

Having used the unit I can say that it is bright and has good resolution and uses a reasonable scaling chip, BUT it doesn't pose a serious threat to either the Sony or Seleco.

If your looking for a Sanyo that would be a good Home Theatre choice then consider the PLV30. The contrast range is 400:1 and at a street price of £2300 inc VAT it will surprise a lot of people [including Ellie owners ;-) ]

This message from a representative of Owl. Official Seleco and Sanyo distributor for the UK.

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Regional Sales Manager-N.England & Scotland
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk

3. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Chris,
    Gotta disagree with you,got the specs in front of me from the sanyo website..700:1...xp18n