Now theres a first!

mad_matt

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share an experience I recently had with av4home.co.uk.

I decided I wanted something nicer looking and more practical to house all my AV gear, Sky HD etc so had a look at av4home.co.uk.

Easily found a nice low cabinet with a glass front and more importantly in an Oak finish. Decided I would order it but wanted to double check the dimensions so gave them a quick call and explained what equipment was going in it, chap on the other end of the phone was helpful, he also pointed out the dimensions were on the web page - teach me for not reading it properly!

So I order the cabinet, next day I get a call from av4home, they are ready to ship my order and were checking someone would be there to take delivery, :smashin:, nice touch, so no more missed delivery notes!

Next day the cabinet arrives, delivery guy says, can you give me a hand carrying this in to your house, I'm thinking, is it that big or are you just a wuss?

Well, it weighed a tonne. I can't believe how heavy it was :eek:

So at the weekend I decide to put the cabinet together, yes it was flat pack. As I started to read the instructions (I learnt my lesson!) and putting each piece together I realised just how well made it actually was, this was definitely not IKEA standard, every single hole, dowel and preinserted thread was precise and fitted like a glove. The cabinet has one large glass fronted piece that is hinged at the bottom edge and has two control arms that support the front as you lower it, once it was all together even the missus was impressed. Can honestly say it is one of the best pieces of flat pack I have ever put together and it look stunning, especially on the new oak flooring that has just been finished :D

What cabinet did you go for? Interested to see. Pics? We went for one of these link
Is verr nice. Only thing to note is that the dampening runner arms on the inside of the case do restrict the internal width a bit.

egg

I have the same one but in Oak. I managed to squeeze a Denon AVR1906 in so wasn't to bad, just means the kit doesn't get caked in dust and stops prying fingers and wet noses :rotfl: from pressing buttons....

Yep, nice piece of kit. The oak is very attractive looking.. Thank god it has 6 smooth runners underneath, cos it weighs around 38kg doesnt it!
I got a Toshiba XE1 in, and thats about 450mm wide, but thats the limit I think. Those runners get in the way abit.

HELP! :eek: was rewiring my Denon AV1906 and went to move the Sky HD box and it was as hot as hell!! Do I need to add some fan assisted cooling and is there a chance of my kit over heating?

Yeah, the airflow isnt all it could be, having just those little cable port vents at the back panel. I'm going to remove that panel, so that the back is fully exposed and has better air ventilation too. Not sure what it will do to the noise reduction factor, but will see. It'll also make access to the device ports and recabling a heck of a lot easier too.

I have ordered 2 3" fans that run on mains, can move 28CFM and I was going to mount them over the cable holes, will let you kno if that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom