Now that all the hype has died down......

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by PrivatePile76, Aug 15, 2006.

1. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What do people actually think of Steetfighter 2 ???

Well I was dubious with the controller at first.....but after some hours of play usinf the analogue stick......I'm gettin used to it.

I think it's a good port and despite the quitters and the nobs using Hondas slap.....

It's a cracker well worth the asking price.

now Capcom pleeeeeease release a patch that gives you the point for a quitted or disconnected game.........

Pile

2. dave1de

dave1de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    After getting back from holiday at the weekend I am really starting to get into it (online, not offline, offline is just stupidly hard)

Out of 60+ games I have only had 1 quitter, but the thing I am really peed off at is people who loose leave you bad feedback. Last night some idiot left me a negative for language. I wasn't even using the headset, so how the hell could I of sworn at him?

However, theres a few alright people on it though. I was in a quatre match last night and it was hilarious, with hundred hand slaps left right and centre, I just cracked up laughing when a guy said "honda just ass slammed into a sonic boom"

3. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm not being funny here but have you tried upping the difficulty to level 7 ???

for some reason I find the game to play better....AI is more consistent and I can progress further....

still can't bloody finish it though.......:thumbsup:

Pile

4. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    It's just brought back memories of hating it as a kid for me to be honest...

I can remember it being hard not not as hard as it is now. I'll persevere though, I might get into it given time... I've paid for it now after all!

Sorry to be a party pooper :(

5. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I don't understand.......

If you hated it as a kid.....

Why pay for it now.....???

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I'm loving it.

I don't find the offline game too difficult, but really haven't had enough time to complete it at every level. Wife keeps disturbing me :(

But I'm going to try and complete it on 7 stars tonight.

Might practice with some of the other characters for a while, Bison , Vega and Chun Li.

I have a match against Dave soon in the tourney, and I hear Dave likes Bison :), so I need to work out how to counter the old human fireball move he has :).

7. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    @PrivatePile

Well, I didnt like coleslaw or mushrooms as a kid... :D

Seriously, I just got it for the novelty of having SF on the 360.

I'd forgotten all about it really and couldnt remember what I thought about it it until I played it and the memories came flodding back.

Looking back I dont think I really got into fighting games till the Tekken series, and that's all I've really liked since... and Soul Calibur II.

I dont feel ripped off or anything... it was only a few quid.

8. jonnydynamite

jonnydynamite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Well I was pretty disappointed with it to be honest. I remember playing in the arcades and not being very good but being able to progress some way at least. Even on the bottom difficulty level I seem to get stuck only a few matches in. Ryu spamming fireballs at me and the upercutting me if I ever dare to jump over one and try and launch an attack. It borders on the precognitive!

The d-pad isn't great but I'm getting better. I willl probably only use the game for playing online or against friends in my flat.

9. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    The key is to be mobile. At the higher difficulty levels, heck, actually, at all offline difficulty modes, it is sometimes easier to keep things simple. Flush special moves out of your mind, use the odd fireball now and then, and the odd dragon punch when you can, but always keep it simple.

Light kicks and punches should also be used, remember, each character has a vulnerability, the key is to find it :) Don't try to attack Ryu, as he loves to counter, instead, wait for him to come to you, jump his fireballs, but don't jump into range of his dragon punch. Be patient and then jump and kick, follow up with a fireball straight away or sweep. If he jumps, crouch and upper cut him or round house kick him while standing. Keep it simple and you'll beat him :)

10. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I love Ken / Ryu's light kick......

once someone has been knocked over......run and jump over them whilst madly pressing light kick...

you'll get a about three on top of him...then when stood next to him if the opponent isn't blocking....(most people panic here....lol)

Keep tapping it whilst stood next to him......it's suprising how much health you can knock off here.....

Pile

11. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    So many people forget all about the light kick, in my opinion, it is more important than the full strength kick :)

12. dave1de

dave1de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Bison all the way :clap: He's always been my fav. Never knew what people saw in Ken and Ryu :D

13. jonnydynamite

jonnydynamite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Where's the thanks button?! Will keep persevering then! Do you use the stick or the pad?

Also thought I had tried out every character in arcade (even if only for one match) but it hasn't shown up in my achievements yet. Do I have to do this on a certain difficulty or do I have to start a new game from the beginning each time (ie not continue)?

14. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i'm loving the game, ken all the way, light kicks and dragons rule...heh

the online game is good and bad, good for most reasons, bad for the ocassional game that lags and the idiots who leave neg feedback for no reason other than you owned them....oh and the ones who leave, definitely needs a patch to give you the points if they bug out, i would say deduct points from them too but if its a genuine dropout which can happen then that might not be so fair (unless they can patch it to tell)....

offline game i havnt really done a lot on, i know most of the counters the game characters use as they do seem to be based on the original versions....so wouldnt take a lot to win, might give it a go for a laugh on the hardest level tho....heh

but overall, definitely far more than worth £8 in my view!!

15. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +765
    I've not stopped playing the game since it was downloaded. For me, Street Fighter 2 was part of the national curriculum when I was at school, I used to go down the local chippie where there'd always be a group of us hanging around the greasy cabinet for our daily Ken V Ryu matches!

IMO it's the best SF port there's been on any home console to date so for the price you pay it's an absolute bargain. It's still a great game that shows no signs of ageing, unlike the rest of us. I can see myself playing this for years ;)

16. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Im starting to win games now on Live, but two major things need to be addressed: E-Honda's hand slap (stop people from spamming it...) and the arseholes who quit on you just before you win your game. I know you can submit a negative review but its totally unfair that you dont get the win and they dont get the loss when they bail out.

17. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    the 100 hs is easy to defeat, just dragon straight off if ken or ryu and then keep jumping and kicking, it annoys the hell out of them...heh

but yes, something does need to be done about the quitting...

18. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    I still haven't managed to play a ranked game, keep getting timeout messages. Can play in quarter mode without problems, so I don't really understand what's going on. :(

19. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +824
    The offline mode is not hard on the first 3 difficulty levels, but go up and it starts to get harder, but it's not unbeatable.

20. imcarm

imcarm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm struggling to get a single win online, had a few close matches.. If only there was a SNES pad adaptor available :)

21. wattsy1977

wattsy1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have owned it a while and played a fair bit both offline and online, I have warmed more to it than I thought I would.

Yeah there are those who try to cheat.........but veteran Street fighter players such as Knyght_byte (im assuming) will back me up that theres always a way to counter these types of players, they tend to only know one way of playing, once you suss them out its an easy win for you.

Players who weak punch then throw........take the hit then throw them instead.

Ehonda slap happy players........at start of round crouch a weak punch..they quickly realise they are in for a hard time using just the slap.

Also I have stopped playing with Ken now and gone back to using Zangief like I used to in the arcades, so many people just arent used to playing against him you can destroy them.

only thing letting me down from being back to my glory days, is ability to pull off special moves 100% of the time, against a good player hard punching rather than spinning piledriving can cost you the round.

22. Nivek TT

Nivek TT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,026
    I've had some really great quater match games with clan mates recently. Started to love this game all over again!

I have found less cheap players online now. I think they are now finding people that can comfortably deal with hundred hand slaps or flaming torpedos and they have nothing else to offer the fight. Its a boring way to play and they will tire of it if not get fustrated by people comfortably dealing with it.

Gave up with ranked games, I'm not interested in proving my dominance over a bunch of idiots. I prefer quater match for a relaxed giggle where people are free to experiment with characters, although of course grudge matches do come up now and again :D

This isn't the best SFII conversion. The Xbox's Street Fighter Anniversary was the best in my opinion. However, this is very good value for money and has plenty of opponents online!

I wish more players could play in the quater match and I wish there were more options for quater match. DOA4 had a round robin style and a loser stays on - so everyone takes turns pounding on the n00b :D

23. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    this is probably the closest i've come to the 92CE arcade version of the ones i have played on consoles (albeit briefly)......so i'm quite happy with it :)

i havnt tried quarter mode properly.....not sure what to do (read: cant be bothered to find out..lol)......quick match is so much easier, just press A and play...lol...i seem to get 5 matches in a row, then a half dozen timeouts, then a few matches etc..lol