Now offically in the PS360 camp..

m1ket

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all as you can see from my post count i am not new to theses forums but am to the PS3 section.

I will be the owner of a PS3 by the 27th Dec so though i would say hello as AVFORUMS is my favourite website and have had a lot of great online gaming sessions with the guys over in the 360 section:)

So i already have resistance in hand and should get my PS3 next week so i will be looking to get into some resistance online play:thumbsup:

I do have a few questions though which should help me out next week...

1, I signed up for an EU gamertag a few weeks ago 'lockload' (same as my xbox360 gamertag) will i be able to sign in with this or will i need to create a US one until the system is offically out here?

2, I have a big USB HDD already can i connect this via USB and save downloads to it? (ie game demos etc), basically i will either do this or buy a 100GB 2.5" SATA drive..

I also plan to setup linux and have a mess around with that..

Thats it for now i think:D

Hello all as you can see from my post count i am not new to theses forums but am to the PS3 section.

I will be the owner of a PS3 by the 27th Dec so though i would say hello as AVFORUMS is my favourite website and have had a lot of great online gaming sessions with the guys over in the 360 section:)

So i already have resistance in hand and should get my PS3 next week so i will be looking to get into some resistance online play:thumbsup:

I do have a few questions though which should help me out next week...

1, I signed up for an EU gamertag a few weeks ago 'lockload' (same as my xbox360 gamertag) will i be able to sign in with this or will i need to create a US one until the system is offically out here?

2, I have a big USB HDD already can i connect this via USB and save downloads to it? (ie game demos etc), basically i will either do this or buy a 100GB 2.5" SATA drive..

I also plan to setup linux and have a mess around with that..

Thats it for now i think:D

Welcome! You will love it i'm sure, get motorstorm it's great! In answer to your questions.

1. No, it will tell you that your region isn't available yet, you should set up a US one and a hong kong one for japanese content including free GT HD concept on christmas eve.

2. You can save and play videos and music to and from the external, i think you can copy the demos over but can't play them directly from the external HDD (someone can correct me if i'm wrong).

edit: it doesn't give you the option to copy the demos, but you can copy one video/trailer at a time or "copy multiple".

I would make sure that the hard drive doesn't run over 5400rpm (or whatever) because the PS3 was designed with this in mind, hard drives the operate at higher speeds (ie 7200+) will cause excess heat..... I just thought I would warn you especially as it is an import. We can't exactly get Sony to fix ours if they go wrong can we lol

Welcome! You will love it i'm sure, get motorstorm it's great! In answer to your questions.

1. No, it will tell you that your region isn't available yet, you should set up a US one and a hong kong one for japanese content including free GT HD concept on christmas eve.

2. You can save and play videos and music to and from the external, i think you can copy the demos over but can't play them directly from the external HDD (someone can correct me if i'm wrong).

edit: it doesn't give you the option to copy the demos, but you can copy one video/trailer at a time or "copy multiple".

thanks! yes ive ordered motorstorm yesterday for £31 delivered:thumbsup:

Ill be able to download the demo until then..

I would make sure that the hard drive doesn't run over 5400rpm (or whatever) because the PS3 was designed with this in mind, hard drives the operate at higher speeds (ie 7200+) will cause excess heat..... I just thought I would warn you especially as it is an import. We can't exactly get Sony to fix ours if they go wrong can we lol

Good point ive been lookign at the same make thats already in the ps3 just a bigger size:)

£31? should have gone to yesasia, £25! or £22.50 when you use the 5 dollar voucher that you get after every purchase. Got f1 for £22.50, even if i hate it i can get the money back or more on the ebay. :eek:

£31? should have gone to yesasia, £25! or £22.50 when you use the 5 dollar voucher that you get after every purchase. Got f1 for £22.50, even if i hate it i can get the money back or more on the ebay. :eek:

i looked as yesasia but they dont have stock for motorstorm and are saying "Usually ships within 21 days ", ill order F1 from there though..

i looked as yesasia but they dont have stock for motorstorm and are saying "Usually ships within 21 days ", ill order F1 from there though..

Oh i see, you did the right thing, nice one! :smashin:

Oh i see, you did the right thing, nice one! :smashin:

Ive pre ordered F1 for £23 inc delivery with this coupon code WGASIA5 (found on google):thumbsup:

£23 for a new game :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ive pre ordered F1 for £23 inc delivery with this coupon code WGASIA5 (found on google):thumbsup:

£23 for a new game :rotfl: :rotfl:

Excellent, you'll get another coupon in your email when they ship it too! Play asia have lost my business with their decision not to ship PS3 games to the EU, and i haven't touched my 360 for ages, it maybe time to sell it.

Excellent, you'll get another coupon in your email when they ship it too! Play asia have lost my business with their decision not to ship PS3 games to the EU, and i haven't touched my 360 for ages, it maybe time to sell it.

I have no problems with things to play on my 360 still playing gears of war, rainbow six vegas, call of duty 3, splinter cell waiting to be completed there is no way i could get rid of my 360 far too many games that i play with others online etc, as soon as i log into live i get a few invites to join various games within a few seconds..

ive got lost planet (360), F1 (ps3)due in january, crackdown (360), Virtua Fighter (PS3) in feb... and tons of game on each system in march:thumbsup:

Well my PS3 is out for delivery today so hopefully i will have it ASAP:) , i would of happily cancelled xmas to get ti on monday :rotfl:

Its turned up, updated got my online id as m1ket for the US login and all works ok .... i took a big sigh of relief when i put resistance in and it worked fine:)

Its turned up, updated got my online id as m1ket for the US login and all works ok .... i took a big sigh of relief when i put resistance in and it worked fine:)

Sweet iam awaiting mine probs wont be here for a few more days :(

When you signed up for us addy , did you just pop any old addy in ?

Sweet iam awaiting mine probs wont be here for a few more days :(

When you signed up for us addy , did you just pop any old addy in ?

i used the holiday inn florida :rotfl:

i used the holiday inn florida :rotfl:

heh sweet i must try that ::) i was gonna pre reg for a us nick but it dont let me on the website :(

heh sweet i must try that ::) i was gonna pre reg for a us nick but it dont let me on the website :(

yeh ive pre regisered my UK id as 'lockload' which is the same as my xbox gamertag:thumbsup:

ive downloaded GT|HD and motorstorm (each flew down at less than 8 mins each) :eek: wow im impressed well more with motorstorm, GTHD looks great on the replays but in game is just OK in my opinion

Quite a few games i want for this ... not out as yet but devilmay cry is one of those :)

Quite a few games i want for this ... not out as yet but devilmay cry is one of those :)

well i never really got into PS2 that much so dont know what to expect :)

i have motorstorm on its way to the uk and F1 comes out on the 28th Dec:thumbsup:

Apart from that i will be getting Virtua Fighter 5 which is out 8th Feb in japan:cool:

I need to get a headset for resistance i guess no idea what to get though!!??

well i never really got into PS2 that much so dont know what to expect :)

i have motorstorm on its way to the uk and F1 comes out on the 28th Dec:thumbsup:

Apart from that i will be getting Virtua Fighter 5 which is out 8th Feb in japan:cool:

I need to get a headset for resistance i guess no idea what to get though!!??

Well i have wired for the 360 and dont like it too much so a nice small bluetooth version :)

Im debating if i should get the component leads for the ps3 , not sure if blu-ray titles will play via this though.

Well i have wired for the 360 and dont like it too much so a nice small bluetooth version :)

Im debating if i should get the component leads for the ps3 , not sure if blu-ray titles will play via this though.

ive got an hdmi connection so i used that, component cables will be fine upto 1080i on bluray.. aparrently you can use the ps2 component cables just fine:thumbsup:

also ive got the wireless headset for the 360 instead of the wired, so i just need any bluetooth headset?

ive got an hdmi connection so i used that, component cables will be fine upto 1080i on bluray.. aparrently you can use the ps2 component cables just fine:thumbsup:

also ive got the wireless headset for the 360 instead of the wired, so i just need any bluetooth headset?

I have a hdmi connection but it is already taken :( i suppose i could put the hd-dvd player on component :)

Yea i think a bluetooth headset would be the one you need.

so evrything will be ok if i put the adress of a hotel in then

I'm in both camps too. About the first time I have been cross platform at the same time...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom