Now I've Gone & Done It (Oh Dear) Sony Owners Keep Out!

Pirate!!

Ex Member
Reaction score
I was bored so I bought the new Tamron SP AF 70-300mm Di USD for my Alpha A850 and I don't know why :suicide: At least I can trial it for 7 days and send it back if I don't like it :D

5 year Tammy warranty as well :) from Cardiff Cameras via evilBay and I bagged the last one :p

She's going to kill me :zonked:

Small change for a lens for you Mark :p

Jim

I leave him after discussing this item and the next minute hes gone and bought it. :D

Let us know how you get on. :smashin:

When I read the thread title I thought he'd done something silly.... like buy a Nikon...

Mark, just admit you'll never be satisfied with anything less and get another 300 f/2.8 - expensive, but you'll save yourself so much time searching and returning things. :D

He likes the process of buying and selling loads of random lenses till he finally gets one, keeps him busy while hes on the hunt for the white whale.

Mark, I take it the USD arrives tomorrow?

He likes the process of buying and selling loads of random lenses till he finally gets one, keeps him busy while hes on the hunt for the white whale.

Mark, I take it the USD arrives tomorrow?

I suppose it also helps keep couriers in business as well, so good for the economy :rotfl:

I think that should read something sensible .... like buy a Nikon.

He has already had and binned Nikon, do keep up...

Amazing how those are the only kind of comments he ever posts here.

When I read the thread title I thought he'd done something silly.... like buy a Nikon...

25u62x2.jpg

Oh dear. I have a saying and it goes like this....

I can afford the 400 F/2.8 and I can afford the 600 F/4, but what I can't afford is the divorce settlement !!.

Good luck mate and get a decent pair of running shoes ;)

Danny.

Ahem!

Thank you chaps . . I will keep you all advised. Must be the friggin' tablets! As for running, that's a non-starter, and you're right, I won't be happy until I get another 300/2.8, but at least it keeps me occupied.

I'm going to open a shop. I need to offload some gear . . it's not 'ooky either guv'nor!

Pirate: hmmm Im bored, fancy a new lens.
Wife after lens arrives: What the hell is this Mark, youre always spending all our money on camera junk, you already have one of them lens thingys, why do you need another one?!
Pirate: Im sorry hun, it was the pills, they told me to.

THWACK! Pirates back in bed and cant take anymore photos due to being beaten within an inch of his life.

Wife after lens arrives: What the hell is this Mark, youre always spending all our money on camera junk, you already have one of them lens thingys, why do you need another one?!

THWACK! Pirates back in bed and cant take anymore photos due to being beaten within an inch of his life.
I overlooked that part :facepalm:

Isn't it about time us Guys were allowed some "Retail Therapy" anyway ? ;)

Jim

Every time I buy a new lens I get the wife a little present as well.

Not sure the last one went down too well but she did say we needed a new ironing board. :rolleyes:

Last time my wife went to Scotland for a seminar I bought £4k worth of CBR600. I still dont understand why she got so upset when she saw it on the driveway. Women and their strange ways. :confused:

She reacted quite violently a few months later when she saw my R1.

Last edited:
Mike.P®;15049314 said:

Not sure the last one went down too well but she did say we needed a new ironing board. :rolleyes:

Theyre all the same, so ungrateful. :laugh:

Mike.P®;15049314 said:

You could've stretched to a tripod and explained that the salesman said it was for hanging clothes on :rolleyes:

Oh, coz it seems you do a custom search for anything Sony related and then post "Buy a Nikon instead".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom