1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now is the time...for Hitachi..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bertha, Jan 2, 2002.

1. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hello all I've been checking these forums and others for a while a daydreaming even longer about getting a projector - after a bit of homework I feel the Hitachi PJ -LC2001 is the man for me..the right price and performance sound v good although I've yet to get a demo..but as I'm completely new to this I would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to answer a few questions regarding this machine & projectors in general..

1. Cabling - currently my dvd is beneath my tv, what do most people do, do they have very long scart/s video cables or do they split the difference and move the dvd to a reachable distance between the tv (again with a longish scart) and the projectors position?

2. Does the PS2, DC etc work with this projector? Does this require the purchase of extra connections?

3. Similar to the above this machine is mainly for S- video connections..am I right? My present TV/DVD combo looks pretty poor through S Video compared to RGB (muted colours not quite as sharp) will this be totally different via the projector or should I be careful with my dvd upgrade (I currently have a poor old wharfey but am considering the Pioneer 444 or 545)
    apologese for all the questions but there's probably other dudes out there who would like to know the answers to these to..thanks in advance & a Happy New Year to all

Berth

2. Tony O'dell

Tony O'dell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bertha, i too liked the sound of the Hitachi projector, but some members of this forum have had some issue's with it, might be worthwhile checking some of the old threads raised regarding this projector before you buy one.
    Best regards
    Tony

3. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    just when you think it's safe..I read a couple of things with regards dead pixels etc..is there no comeback with these from the people you buy them from or is it one of those 'within aceptable tollerance' things? The Sony & Sanyo are also temting but I got the impression without actually seeing them yet that the Hitachi had the better overall picture..I'll keep doing my homework until I'm totally sure....thanks for the feedback Tony

If anyone else has experience good or bad with this player would they please let me know...many thanks

Berth

4. Tony O'dell

Tony O'dell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am still keeping the Hitachi on my shortlist, but it is presently behind the Sony and the Sanyo at the moment. I am looking where i am going to place the unit, either shelf or ceiling mount, unfortunately the Sony cannot be ceiling mounted :(
    Best Regards
    Tony