1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now I'm really confused......

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by steeve, Jan 16, 2004.

1. steeve

steeve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well what confusion, want to get a new TV and have done the rounds of the magazines, and the shops like Crumet and Corries, and some better ones like Seven Aches, I thought I knew what I wanted but reading on here are there any good TV's out there?
    Problems with Toshiba (was first choice) and Panasonic (was 2nd choice). Dont mind CRT, Plasma or LCD just want a great picture and no trouble, max size about 36 but worried about the weight and bulk of a 36" CRT.
    Any suggestions? The comments in here dont look anything like the mag reviews ......
    STEVE........................
    :eek: :eek: :rotfl: :hiya:

2. steeve

steeve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has no one any suggestions? A 42" plasma is just too big or I would opt for the new Pioneer HDI thingy .........

Need sone suggestions please guys....:hiya: :lesson: :rotfl:

3. steeve

steeve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no advice, I'm even more confused now by reading the good and bad reviews on the Panasonic and the Toshiba ..........

C'mon theres so much knowledge out there.. please:hiya: :nono: :rolleyes: :devil:

4. briggsy

briggsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,
    Can I join the club. I'm in exactly the same boat.
    I just want a great screen for watching DVD's. TV is rubbish :thumbsdow use Radio, books and newspapers.:lesson:
    My Current options are:

Be patient and wait for the new Sony TV which will be released in a couple of weeks. See how many problems arise
    :boring:

Get a PannyPD30 it seems to have pleased more people than not.
    Most of the big problems seem to relate more to TV broadcasts.

I spoke to a guy today who has a Tosh and has not noticed any problems using prog scan. Take my chances ?
    I do know what you mean by the behemouth backside of these TV's
    so its a Plasma.. but a Pioneer 424HDE is a big investment and I'm a little cautious about buying into Plasma. 36 LCD are around the corner and they are cheaper to make. But Quality's rubbish. Long time before they improve

If you have the room forget all the above and get a projector :D
    Get a demo and you'll see why. OK its not picture sharp but for bringing you right into the movie nothing beats it. Hook that baby up to your surround setup and BOOM. :devil:
    Go for something like an infocus screenplay5700 its portable and easy to setup. A manual pull down screens are not too expensive.
    I hope to be able to squeeze one in if I can find the room. The throw distance is quite long and I only have a small room. :thumbsdow
    Things were much simpler when I just had hifi to worry about.
    I'd be interested to know what you decide

Regards
    Briggsy

5. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    steeve,
    There are plenty of quality 37" plasmas out there. Have you considered any of them?
    You say money is no object? Then go for a Panasonic 37" plasma. You simply wont find anything better at that size.
    36" CRT's are just too damn big and heavy.