Question Now got 3 Xboxes in the house - How many Gold accounts do we need ?

leaky5

Established Member
Reaction score
We have been happily running a 360 and XB1 using my account as the Gold one. My boys tend to share the XB1 and we have had no issues. Until now...

The boys have bought another XB1. They don't seem to be able to use my account as the Gold one and then each login to a separate XB1 for online gaming.

Is this correct, do we need another Gold account ?

So you go onto your kids Xbox and set that up as your home account. Now lock down that account so that the kids can't order games on you.

That is it.

So you go onto your kids Xbox and set that up as your home account. Now lock down that account so that the kids can't order games on you.

That is it.

I think it will only work on 2 consoles.

You can share Gold and Games across 2 Consoles by setting one of the kids consoles as your home console, then your console which you log into uses your Gamertag for the games and Gold. You would have to login to the other kids console and stay logged in I believe for them to get access to your games & Gold.

But once you login to your console it would log out on the other.

You get 2 licenses for Games & Gold now I believe. 1 for Home Console and 1 for Gamertag.

I am thinking you might need to get another Gold Sub for one of the kids console. Or try the above by being logged in on the other kids console.

That is it.
This is the setup -
XB1- No.1 - Twin 1 - Home account & twin 1 account
XB1- No.2 - Twin 2 - Twin 2 account.
360 - Just me.
Twin 2's account on XB1 - No.2 does not work online (only worked when we started the 14 day Gold trial)

I have a 360 and 2 X1's and all work on the same Xbox live account BUT you can't be signed into both X1's with the same gamer tag at the same time so this is how to do it.
Firstly your 360 stays exactly the same so you only need to set up the X1's but you will need to make another gamertag and have this set with family access to you main gamertag live and game library. Set one X1 as your HOME console and use this X1 with the second gamertag and use the non home console with your main Xbox live gamertag and bingo! Xbox live on both X1's at the same time and if you buy your games digitally then both consoles can play the same game st the same time!

This is the setup -
XB1- No.1 - Twin 1 - Home account & twin 1 account
XB1- No.2 - Twin 2 - Twin 2 account.
360 - Just me.
Twin 2's account on XB1 - No.2 does not work online (only worked when we started the 14 day Gold trial)

This is what you change:

This is the setup -
XB1- No.1 - Your account
XB1- No.2 - Twin 2 - Twin 2 account + now your home account.
360 - Just me.

Set your GT to auto login on Xbox One 2, then try and log in to your 360 and see if it boots you off Xbox One 2. If it doesn't then you are sorted.

Do you play your 360 the same time as the kids play on both their consoles ?

Set your GT to auto login on Xbox One 2, then try and log in to your 360 and see if it boots you off Xbox One 2. If it doesn't then you are sorted.

Do you play your 360 the same time as the kids play on both their consoles ?
You can definitely sign into the 360 and one X1 at the same time as I've done it loads of times [emoji106]

2 gold accounts, presuming 3 seperate accounts that want to play online at the same time.

Console A to B (Set console A to home on console B)
Console B to A (Set console B to home on Console A)
Console C will require it's own gold membership

I have two xbox one's at home 1 gold sub covers both consoles, having my account set to home on my son's console , means any tag on his console has access to gold. Only my tag can access gold on my console unless i keep my account signed in when i sign into another account)

@DJ KRIME yes correct you can sign into the 360 and xbox 1 at the same, this is how BC works it shows as you being signed into 2 devices via the friends list also.

I also did it when i owned a 360 console playing destiny, i would pop an achievement on xbox one load up the 360 version and they would insta pop on that platform

2 gold accounts, presuming 3 seperate accounts that want to play online at the same time.

Console A to B (Set console A to home on console B)
Console B to A (Set console B to home on Console A)
Console C will require it's own gold membership

I have two xbox one's at home 1 gold sub covers both consoles, having my account set to home on my son's console , means any tag on his console has access to gold. Only my tag can access gold on my console unless i keep my account signed in when i sign into another account)

@DJ KRIME yes correct you can sign into the 360 and xbox 1 at the same, this is how BC works it shows as you being signed into 2 devices via the friends list also.

I also did it when i owned a 360 console playing destiny, i would pop an achievement on xbox one load up the 360 version and they would insta pop on that platform

Won't need to if he's just logging into his 360. If it was 3 Xbox Ones then yeah but its only 2 Xbox Ones so one set to Home and the other as his login to Auto Sign in and he can log in to his 360 as normal.

Won't need to if he's just logging into his 360. If it was 3 Xbox Ones then yeah but its only 2 Xbox Ones so one set to Home and the other as his login to Auto Sign in and he can log in to his 360 as normal.

Correct read the title jumped to conclusions thinking 3 xbox one's, forgot people still own the 11 year old hamster cages :D... worse than those that still collect those plastic spinny things if you ask me :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom