Now given up with BT Routers

mapiow

Standard Member
Reaction score
Now given up with BT Routers
Hub 1/2 passable
Hub3 with Infinity, more or less Ok but still flaky.
Hub 4, had 3 replacements , constant resets every 2 or 3 days.
The BT Hub 5, well what can I say that has already been said on many forums.
First Hub 5, resets every 5 to 8 Hrs, replaced. no improvement.
Now on number 5 ( the last one I will have ) still resetting 6 times a day.
I think BT by now must know the problems but can't or won't fix.
Now using a Asus router without any problems cost me £100 though but worth it for a stable connection.
Anyone that has a reliable Hub 5 should treasure it.

Last edited:
I guess you've just been unlucky.
BT are the biggest broadband supplier in the country and they must have millions of HHs in use...there would be reports in the media if there were widespread problems with them.
I myself have a HH5 with no probs.

HHs were hopeless for me too
Switched to £50 TP-link and much better.

A couple of my friends have HH5's and have had no problems with them, like any electronic item sometimes they develop faults. I have a HH3 and has been pretty stable for the last couple of years not exactly fast on wireless but good enough.

My router hh5 has been fine(Cable) but my wi-fi is terrible compaired to my last bt router .I have home plugs but they are causing no end of problems with my Ham radio .I might try my old router and see if my wi-fi improves and i have changed channels on my new router with no difference .Seems strange that my wi-fi is now worse than it was before.

is there an all in one solution for bt infinity from a 3rd party? such as modem and router all in one unit. I remember tp link posting a youtube video of a product that was exactly that and that it would be released soon but don't think it ever made it to market.

any model in particular you/anyone would recommend?

Im not a fan of clutter and wires so an AIO solution is ideal for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom