• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Now Available - Hyundai Vvuon Q261 26" Lcd Hdready Tv

CoolCurly

Established Member

cj

Established Member
These have a great spec. - anyone here used one (or the 32")?

Is the only difference between the 320 and 321 models the card reader?

Thanks.

S

sleepless

The 320 has the card reader and some light grey trim around the outside of the TV which matches the speakers, same as the marantz styling.

I have the 321 which has a little backlight bleed in the corners (only noticable on a blank screen) and a crap EPG. Picture quality and scaling capabilities are superb. :thumbsup:

If I could only find the damn 'magic' code to get the remote to work my DV575......:rolleyes:

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
I assume this one won't work with SkyHD either (via DVI)?

zAndy1

Distinguished Member

mooseepoo

Standard Member
Does anyone have any experience with this TV? Is it any good?

Im basically looking for a 1/2 decent LCD for the bedroom, preferably with freeview included.

For under £400, seems like a bargain!

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Well I've got the Q321 and it's fantastic, assuming this is the same panel only smaller than for < &#163;400 then yes it is a bargain. Please be aware though, the Q321 currently doesn't work with SkyHD using the DVI connection (component is fine though) so I assume this will be the same, the problem is being worked on at the moment though. Despite that I'd buy it for &#163;389 if I was looking for a 26" screen!

blidge

Standard Member
Coolcurly (or anyone else), do you know if this model has the same lipsync issues as the 32inch set?

naturbo2000

Established Member
blidge said:
Coolcurly (or anyone else), do you know if this model has the same lipsync issues as the 32inch set?

I've had one for a few months now and not noticed the lip sync issue (but then I can't see why it would be any difference to the 32inch - as it's the same set with a smaller panel).

Oh - and it was a bargain at the time for ~&#163;600, so it's definately a bargain at <&#163;400!!!

r1chehUK

Established Member
Just checked this, since it was my 21st birthday my parent's agreed to get me this and the bloody thing has disappeared off the list, either a typo or sold out although they are still indicating stock at the full price...:mad:

blidge

Standard Member
Yep. I got as far as putting one of these in my basket but didn't have my credit card details ready so left it there before checking out. By the time I did come to checkout the price of the item in my basket had changed to £9999.99!!!

Obviously I removed it and then when I went to re-add it noticed it had gone from the 'Today Only' list. Gutted!

Still interested in this set for my bedroom and the size would be just right for where it needs to go but suddenly it looks a bit expensive when compared to the 32inch which is available at about the same price.

Couple of things still worry me though. Firstly the Lip Sync issues. One reply in the thread says they don't have any prob but I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone else with the set.

Secondly, can anyone confirm some details with regard to the DVB Tuner. I'm sure I've read the interactive functionality (Red Button, Digital Text etc) is not implemented. Is this the case? If so not sure why it hasn't been. Is this likely to be fixed by a firmware update? Also someone else mentioned the Digital Program Guide was very poorly implemented. Can anyone comment on this? Is it the full freeview 7-day guide? Any pics of the screen showing the guide would be appreciated.

CH3

Established Member
CoolCurly said:
Hyundai ImageQuest are happy to launch their new 26" Q261 HD Ready TV into the UK today.

Full specs can be found at www.hyundaiq.com or please click the attached PDF which I have moved from a previous post on it.

currently can be found at;

http://www.micom.co.uk/info.php?partno=MONHYQ261&src=fp
or
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=12813&GroupID=1449

Any questions feel free to post on here and I'll do my best to answer quickly and honestly as before......

Very nice I'm sure, but how about fixing the Q321 lipsync problem?

naturbo2000

Established Member
blidge said:
Yep. I got as far as putting one of these in my basket but didn't have my credit card details ready so left it there before checking out. By the time I did come to checkout the price of the item in my basket had changed to £9999.99!!!

Obviously I removed it and then when I went to re-add it noticed it had gone from the 'Today Only' list. Gutted!

Still interested in this set for my bedroom and the size would be just right for where it needs to go but suddenly it looks a bit expensive when compared to the 32inch which is available at about the same price.

Couple of things still worry me though. Firstly the Lip Sync issues. One reply in the thread says they don't have any prob but I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone else with the set.

Secondly, can anyone confirm some details with regard to the DVB Tuner. I'm sure I've read the interactive functionality (Red Button, Digital Text etc) is not implemented. Is this the case? If so not sure why it hasn't been. Is this likely to be fixed by a firmware update? Also someone else mentioned the Digital Program Guide was very poorly implemented. Can anyone comment on this? Is it the full freeview 7-day guide? Any pics of the screen showing the guide would be appreciated.

I can't tell you anything about the freeview tuner (it is rubbish - but I can't get a signal on it at all). I have the TV hooked up to SkyHD via component and to an MCE box via VGA and am more than happy. SD is average, but then I haven't seen a HD LCD that can show a decent SD picture yet. 26inch screen helps in this regard.

CH3

Established Member
naturbo2000 said:
No need to get sarcastic - the post you quoted was from March, so I think your comment is undeserved.

If you enjoy spending lots of money on a product which should have been recalled, then that is your choice which I don't share!

fray_bentos

Standard Member
I ordered one of the Q261's from Scan on the Today only page but the first had a problem with humming from the speakers (as others have reported) and the replacement has the same problem too.

I really like the tv (especially for the price) picture quality is great but i just hate the humming!

So i know this has been asked before but has anyone got one of these units which does not have the humming?

r1chehUK

Established Member
I have the humming with mine but it doesn't bother me enough to go through the hassle of sending it back :p

M

mr_benn

Hi there,

I realise there is huge thread for the 32" version of this set.
But do many people have this 26"??
It looks pretty decent value to me, are people having lots of problems with this one to?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I take the plunge and buy my first LCD TV.

Cheers,
Ben

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom