• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Novice requires help please

AK1979

Standard Member
I am sure this has been covered but was unable to find anywhere. I have purchased the Panasonic DMP BD80 player and linked it to my Panasonic TH-42PZ80BA. I am used to simply plugging new components in and getting going (excuse my ignorance!) but when I watch any action films on BD the picture doesn't seem to be able to keep up. If anyone could offer some advice on settings etc to a complete novice I would be grateful. I have no issues watching Sky HD or DVD's with this TV so presume it is the BD settings that need adjusting. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

AK1979

Standard Member
Thanks for the response. The audio is fine but the picture seems unable to keep up - fast moving scenes are not displayed anywhere near as well as on my DVD player for example

buffyangel108

Standard Member
Thanks for the response. The audio is fine but the picture seems unable to keep up - fast moving scenes are not displayed anywhere near as well as on my DVD player for example

Is there a sort of judder in the picture? If so, the player's refresh rate might not be set correctly. There should be an option in your player's settings to change this, possibly under resolution.

I found that 50hz gives a judder in fast moving or panning shots, but 60hz or auto gives a steady picture.

AK1979

Standard Member
I cant seem to find an option allowing me to change the refresh rate.

Under picture I have still mode (auto), seamless play (on) and NTSC contents output (NTSC)

Under connection have TV aspect (16:9 full), component resolution (1080i), TV system (PAL)

Under HDMI connection I have HDMI video mode (On), HDMI video format (auto), 24p output (on), HDMI output range (standard)

Thanks again

buffyangel108

Standard Member
Hmmm, from those settings, I can't see what could be causing the picture problems you describe. :(

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to help shortly, though!

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom