• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Novice Owner, recommend me a Game

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Once you get your console you will more than likely have a Free Trial of GamesPass with it which will include 100+ Games. You will be spoilt for choice with new games for Launch and Games from this Gen with fancy new enhancements.

Worth having a look at the Games Pass list to see what takes your fancy.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Check out Forza Horizon 4 (it'll be available as part of your Game Pass trial that Tones mentioned above so no need to buy the game)

amardilo

Distinguished Member
If it's stuff you are looking to play during the release window I would look at:
Racing
Forza Horizon 4

Shooter
Gears 5*
Destiny 2

Turn Based Strategy
Gears Tactics*

Action Adventure
Sea of Thieves

Platformer
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Role Playing Game (RPG)
The Outer Worlds*

*May have the rare case of profanity but I can't remember if they do or not.

All of them are current console/PC releases that will get an update to make better use of the new hardware but I don't know if they will get the updates on release day. The above should all be on Game Pass too when the console comes out.

There are unreleased games that will release on the console which also look good or previous versions have been good such as FIFA 21, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Dirt 5.
The game I am most looking forward to is Cyberpunk 2077 (but that could have nudity), I think that will be on the Series X via backwards compatibility and the update to take full advantage of the new console won't be till a later date.

Last edited:

Mr Nook

Distinguished Member
Hi

I‘m kind of in the same boat as PineTree and will be a novice to XB with my Series S when it arrives.

Are the games in that list going to be enhance for the Series X/S or will they just be straight up XBO versions?

I particularly fancy trying Gears 5, FH 4 and Outer Worlds.

TIA

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Hi

I‘m kind of in the same boat as PineTree and will be a novice to XB with my Series S when it arrives.

Are the games in that list going to be enhance for the Series X/S or will they just be straight up XBO versions?

I particularly fancy trying Gears 5, FH 4 and Outer Worlds.

TIA

Many will be enhanced.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
As above, gamepass is your friend. Above games all good, but another brilliant game is "A Plague tale Innocence". Everyone should play this game.

If completely new to gaming and want something a slower pace, then there are some stunning smaller and shorter games on GP too, such as "What remains of Edith Finch". Only a few hours long exploration and stunningly realised story brilliantly told from different perspectives. Amazing.

Deliver us the Moon I thought was great too.

Observation, very unique.

There's loads of older 360 gems on there too.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
As above, gamepass is your friend. Above games all good, but another brilliant game is "A Plague tale Innocence". Everyone should play this game.

If completely new to gaming and want something a slower pace, then there are some stunning smaller and shorter games on GP too, such as "What remains of Edith Finch". Only a few hours long exploration and stunningly realised story brilliantly told from different perspectives. Amazing.

All fantastic recommendations.

psikey

Distinguished Member

I loved Plague Tale. Was a great suprise. Played on my 2080Ti PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom