1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

novice needs help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by colibun, Sep 10, 2004.

1. colibun

colibun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new tv and dvd recorder can I use the red/yellow/white audio video cables for the green/blue/red component terminals?

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Short answer - No.

The RGB are video-components. They need audio also - red and white like hi-fi connections..
    The red/yellow/white are Right audio, Composite video, Left audio in that order. They would connect to similarly coloured terminals on the TV (I doubt if it has them at the back, maybe at the front mainly intended for video camera or digital camera connection).
    You should connect using scarts and use RGB mode if available, then s-video, then composite in that order for quality. Your DVD recorder manual shuld be quite explicit about the connecting options. All you have to do is make sure the signal types match.

It is no good feeding an RGB signal from the DVD to a TV scart which cannot accept RGB. The TV manual should tell you which scart will accept what.

3. colibun

colibun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what I was meaning was are all the cables the same internaly so that I can connect blue to blue,green to green and red to red

4. sweat100

sweat100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you can, I am using the same thing now. Cant afford to spend so much on a component cable. I think the quality difference is marginal on my CRT TV. As all are the same wire tpe, no problems so far. :thumbsup:

5. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I guess you got my PM reply which agreed with the above.