1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice needs help with sanyoplvz2 component

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BritanniaJaf, Nov 11, 2004.

1. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Can somebody help me get picture with my PLV Z2 through component, i am a bit of novice at this but cannot seem to figure it out, svideo and composite is fine but no response at with component, tried everything but nothing happens at all, is there some setting i am not using or trying.

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Have you selected component input from the Z2 menu for either input one or two and then saved and exited this?

3. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    also make sure you have the source settings set to output component!

4. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Hi

To give one example, the Toshiba SD220 DVD player will only output component if it is set to composite or Y/C. If you have the SCART set to RGB, you will get no component output.

You need to double check your source.

Steve

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    They good points, also check the source as now i am pretty sure my pio wouldnt output both scart rgb and component so i had to switch to the output that i wanted.

6. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I have changed my cable box to composite as well as RGB but still no joy. Also changed my DVD player as well still no joy. Also same with XBOX as well, tried putting the green componet socker in the composite port as well and the picture was a blurry green

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    I am at a bit of a loss tbh, i have a Z2 and to get component i have changed my dvd player menu to output component and i also have a M$ hidef pack for my xbox. I connected one of these to the component input of the Z2 and then go into the Z2 menu under the input section and select component (i think it is labelled, will check later to make sure) save and exit and it displays the picture fine.

8. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I changed my ntl cable box to component and again no joy at all. One of the other posts i noticed said put the green part of the component cable in the composite port and it should be black and white. The picture was just a very poor fuzzy green screen

9. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175

Shoot that man.... :suicide:

Your NTL box outputs 'composite' not 'component'

10. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    A green picture is what you'd expect actually, whoever said 'black and white' really should have said 'monochome'. I have to admit to being somewhat confused as to what equipment you have and what you've tried, you seem to have a DVD player, and NTL STB and an X-Box and none seem to work, is that right?

From what you've said about using the green signal into the composite input on the Z2 it seems clear that the various sources are sending component and the cable is carrying it .. seems to me that only leaves the Z2. Are you SURE you've selected the input properly on the Z2. It's many months since I had one but I seem to recall there being several possible options for component, or was it different resolutions, I cant' remember now, but your posts leave me convinced it's the Z2 that's not setup right.

11. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    I think he's getting component confused with composite.

Component = 3 leads (1 x red, 1 x blue, 1 x green)
    that come from your DVD player to the Sanyo.

Composite = 1 single lead that comes from your NTL skybox/DVD player into your Sanyo.

12. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I don't think he's confused :) .. I'm reading it that he's done something that was suggested in order to try to see if the source was sending component, by plugging the green component lead into a composite input on the Z2 then you would indeed get a noisy green image which would demonstrate that the component signal was present .. obviously, plugging in the red or blue would achieve similar results.

13. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Yes but he is trying to get 'component' to work on his Sanyo but he states

"I have changed my cable box to composite as well as RGB but still no joy"

and

"I changed my ntl cable box to component and again no joy at all"

Which makes me think he's getting the two mixed up.

BMURRAY9: If you are using a Xbox. Are you using the hi def Xbox pack 'cause if your not. You're not using component.

14. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    I have two different cables for my xbox, a normal lead with an SVideo connection that as soon as i plug it in and press the SVideo option it works fine. I have got a loan of friends hi defo kit which works fine on my friends Xbox but as soon i connect it up to my projector. no picture happens at all. Have pressed the component button but no picture at all.

Input 1 has 4 options, svideo/auto/video and the lettered option so can't remember the exact name of the letters but that is the option it have it on

Input 2 is set to component.

Really don't what i can see i am doing wrong have tried NTL/DVD and XBOX but still nothing.

Sorry should have put composite on my earlier post instead of component from which i belive i have to be shot for. I do know the :lease: difference just am getting really frustrated with all of this and was advised you guys know everything about this stuff and nothing is working.

15. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    On input 1 the lettered options is the component feed, so with your xbox connected via component it shoudl work. I really dont understand why it doesnt unless it is a faulty input. Try your friends xbox to see whether that works on your pj if not then it has to be your component input is faulty and will need to be repaired.

16. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Magic, inzaman will give that a try, thanks for you patience with this

17. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hey inza, you say that you run component into your z2, can you tell me if it's progressive or interlaced signal, as I have a pioneer dv565 and a z2 and want to know how good a component input will be if it's not already progressive?

The future of my half built HTPC depends on this!!!

I would really like to use my dvd player as it's much simpler to use, quieter and I won't have to spend time and money setting up my pc, but after trying out my laptops external vga output into my PJ, I would be surprised if it's much/any better (and that's with crappy on-board graphics).

PS, although I now live in Blackpool I am originally from Derby !, I used to live on White st, off Kedleston rd.

18. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    I have run both a progressive and interlaced signal through component and imo/x the progressive gave a better picture. I now only run a progressive signal from my xbox, i have a hcpc for dvd that is connected via dvi.

The onbaord scaler on the Z2 is okay but not as good as my dvd players or hcpc, imo you would be best with a progressive signal. Interlace however would suffice but it is capable of a much better picture.

If you are going the hcpc route then i would recommend that with a dvi connection.

I live just round the corner of White Street, and my cousin actually lives on White Street :)

19. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    spooky!

my mum still lives on white st! are you originally from Derby? how old are you? maybe I know you or know someone who does!

Anyway, I have read that the dv565 can convert a pal signal into ntsc and then output that as progressive.
    Would that work ok? or would it be jumpy?
    And what length dvi cable could I use for my HTPC?

20. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    For DVI i am currently using a 1 metre but have used a 5 metre and have a 7.5 metre embedded in the ceiling ready to use, i am quite sure that so long as you get a half decent one you should be okay up to 10 metres. This may now be longer but is what i was working to a few months ago.

You will need to try the dvd player, NTSC material will look fine assuming that the 565 outputs a good signal, i am not sure about PAL material though. It will look fine using the Z2 scaler its just that it could look better.

I have lived in Derby all my life but only off White Street for the past two years or so.