Novice in need of help

L

LadyP

Hello, I am not even sure that I have put this in the correct forum so please move it if necessary.
I have just purchased an LG HRT403DA system. I have an LG 42 50 TV and a Humax Freesat box.
I cannot get the three items to synchronize at all. When I set the hard drive to record, it will change my TV channel to the one that is recording. Also, if I use the Freesat box to change channels, the picture will change to the requested channel but the sound will remain on the previous channel.
I am an absolute idiot when it comes to technology so if you can help, please 'speak slowly'!

Seriously though, I am desperate and would greatly appreciate any help that you can give.

Not sure what your problem is, it could be the tv, the home cinema, or the freesat...

Could you post up exactly how you have them connected up, and with what cables? Eg output of A to input of B with hdmi, etc.

Thanks Colspark.
I managed to get an engineer to come out to take a look and he wrote on the receipt that it was faulty and he was "unable to repair". I took it back and got a refund today.
Unfortunately I don't know where to go from here when looking for a new system.
I think I need something super simple!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom