Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

novice help! pls

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by drgonzo, Nov 7, 2003.

1. drgonzo

drgonzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    please could you help? I have been a fan of this site for about 6 months and have read many posts which have spurred me on to buy a projector but need some final advice before buying, my budget is limited to about 1000 pounds to buy a Panasonic PT-AE200 is this the right choice for my budget ? and cables and anything else I would need. I need some advice on connecting my pc and A/V equipment together for the best results, what will I need, I would like to watch DVDs TV occasionally and use the pc as well, I am a real novice so please excuse if I have missed any vital info! also the room is all white at the moment will i need to decorate it to get the best results?

PANASONIC PT-AE200

HCPC.
    DVD
    GEFORCE3 Ti500.... Svideo DV-I VGA
    CREATIVE EXTIGY SOUND CARD
    CREATIVE INSPIRE 5.1

VCR AIWA FX7700

DVD LG DVD-3350E

NTL PACE DIGIBOX DI400-N

WATCH TV DVD
    USE PC FOR DVD AND SURFING

many thanks in advance:smashin

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi drgonzo,

The AE200 @ £700 approx is good value & an excellent entry to front projection. The remaining £300 should get you the required cabling, screen etc..

If going down the HCPC route, a Radeon based graphics card is recommended.

Also consider a good progressive scan DVD player (the DVD Player forum is worth a visit!).

To better the AE200 you'll really need to stretch your buget a wee bit - Z1, Z2, AE300 etc...

Lots of help/advice available here in many fora (HCPCs, DVD Players etc.).

Best of luck ;)

3. drgonzo

drgonzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Kramer thanks for the initial advice, I think I will stick with the ae200 for the moment to get a start. what do I do about connecting all this together though? do I need some hardware to connect it all? and what about cables from the pc to the projector
    ? and from the dvd to the projector?..I know this is probably real basic stuff but I`m getting real confused at the moment "overload "and dont want to buy all the wrong cables :( ie do I use a VGA cable from the pc to the ae200 and what is the best option and maximum lengths?

thanks so much for the quick response

drgonzo