1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

novice help! pls

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by drgonzo, Nov 7, 2003.

1. drgonzo

drgonzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    please could you help? I have been a fan of this site for about 6 months and have read many posts which have spurred me on to buy a projector but need some final advice before buying, my budget is limited to about 1000 pounds to buy a Panasonic PT-AE200 is this the right choice for my budget ? and cables and anything else I would need. I need some advice on connecting my pc and A/V equipment together for the best results, what will I need, I would like to watch DVDs TV occasionally and use the pc as well, I am a real novice so please excuse if I have missed any vital info! also the room is all white at the moment will i need to decorate it to get the best results?

PANASONIC PT-AE200

HCPC.
    DVD
    GEFORCE3 Ti500.... Svideo DV-I VGA
    CREATIVE EXTIGY SOUND CARD
    CREATIVE INSPIRE 5.1

VCR AIWA FX7700

DVD LG DVD-3350E

NTL PACE DIGIBOX DI400-N

WATCH TV DVD
    USE PC FOR DVD AND SURFING

many thanks in advance:smashin

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi drgonzo,

The AE200 @ £700 approx is good value & an excellent entry to front projection. The remaining £300 should get you the required cabling, screen etc..

If going down the HCPC route, a Radeon based graphics card is recommended.

Also consider a good progressive scan DVD player (the DVD Player forum is worth a visit!).

To better the AE200 you'll really need to stretch your buget a wee bit - Z1, Z2, AE300 etc...

Lots of help/advice available here in many fora (HCPCs, DVD Players etc.).

Best of luck ;)

3. drgonzo

drgonzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Kramer thanks for the initial advice, I think I will stick with the ae200 for the moment to get a start. what do I do about connecting all this together though? do I need some hardware to connect it all? and what about cables from the pc to the projector
    ? and from the dvd to the projector?..I know this is probably real basic stuff but I`m getting real confused at the moment "overload "and dont want to buy all the wrong cables :( ie do I use a VGA cable from the pc to the ae200 and what is the best option and maximum lengths?

thanks so much for the quick response

drgonzo