1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice..bought this advice please!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by martian1, Sep 18, 2004.

1. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    I have never owned a digital camera [disposable camera yes] and decided to indulge. This is what i bought.

Canon A75 Camera £147
    Epson Photo R300 Printer £129.99+free Belkin pro hi-speed usb device cable.
    Kodak glossy picture paper £6.99 [morissons buy 1 get 1 free]

Total outlay [so far] £283.98

When i get set up and use can i expect a big improvement on my disposable camera jobs ? And my main question... what software is novice user friendly, i could get Adobe or one of the other major software packages but would i get my head round it easyily enough. I did get software with printer and camera but don't want to put a load of crap difficuilt to use software on my puter if i can help it. Help guys... :thumbsup:

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well i think Adobe would be too advanced. I'd get Roxia photosuite. You will see an improvment mainly becuse you can correct an mistakes when taking pictures. That the great thing about digital. You can retake a shot until its right (well most of the time) You will have no problems printing 10x8 pics. You have a dectent printer. If you are printing large amounts, then its cheaper to have them printed online by people like www.photobox.co.uk.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,044
    I have never been good at making prints with Photo Shop they never seem to fit the paper as they should.
    I always end up cutting and pasting pictures into a template I made for Words to print when I print cards out.
    I’m not bothering with printing photos out as it is very cheap to get them done at Boots, Jessops etc for only 10p.

4. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Thanks guys