1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

November 22nd Release For the U.S.A.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by geewhizz, Sep 15, 2005.

1. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
  2. daveon

daveon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    so we get it on the 29th then. I don't mind waiting one week extra as long as they don't delay the UK release more than that.

3. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    December 2nd for Europe according to the press release.
    That makes sense, as Friday is usually the release day for new hardware/software in the UK.

Not too long to wait now...:clap:

4. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    that's fine by me. anytime before christmas and i am not fussed.

5. Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Great... :thumbsup:
    Hopefully it wont be too long now till they announce which games will be available on launch day!

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    a mate of mine has justtold me Gotham WONT MAKE RELEASE. ITS NOT A LAUNCH TITLE!

Gary

7. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +732
    Propaganda atm

8. BuzzLightyear

BuzzLightyear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm glad I have pre-ordered mine as I bet all the hype etc will step up a gear now the dates are known

Buzz

9. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    yup,just got an e-mail from "game" saying it's going to be the 2nd of december for us,but my order is still "safe! :rolleyes:

10. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tokyo—Fueling global anticipation for the arrival of its powerful new video game and entertainment system, Microsoft® today announced that Xbox 360™ will arrive on store shelves Tuesday, November 22 in North America, Friday, December 2 in Europe, and Saturday, December 10 in Japan. The announcement, made on the eve of Tokyo Game Show 2005, marked the first time that a game console will be launched in three territories in the same time frame. In preparation for what is expected to be massive worldwide demand for the new system, Microsoft also announced that Xbox 360 manufacturing is under way, with state-of-the-art facilities producing millions of units ultimately bound for frenzied gamers' homes from Osaka, Japan, to Oxford, England, and Orlando, Fla.

"This holiday season, gamers in Japan, Europe and North America pining to experience jaw-dropping high-definition graphics, unmatched online play and compelling digital entertainment features of Xbox 360 will finally have the chance," said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft. "Renowned development studios around the world are busy putting the finishing touches on their Xbox 360 games. We expect a strong portfolio of titles on launch day and through the holidays that will appeal to fans of every genre and gamers in every region, and with more than 200 games currently in development, continuous new additions to the library are on the way."

Bach and other Microsoft executives, headlining a series of events that open Tokyo Game Show, will detail the company's strategy for success in Japan. More than 40 publishers in Japan, including Bandai Co. Ltd., Capcom Co. Ltd., Koei Co. Ltd., Konami Corp., Namco Ltd., Sega Corp., Square Enix Co. Ltd. and Tecmo Ltd., have pledged their support for Xbox 360, joining the ranks of the best publishers from around the world. As the ultimate canvas for game developers, Xbox 360 will inspire a new wave of innovation in gameplay, storytelling and artistry never before seen in video games.

Promising to capture the imagination of Japanese gamers, new titles and established franchises such as Dead or Alive® 4, Ridge Racer 6, NINETY-NINE NIGHTS™, Dead Rising, and FINAL FANTASY® XI will be available on Xbox 360 in the months to come. With support for high-definition output with anti-aliasing, and Dolby® 5.1 surround sound, all Xbox 360 games will deliver smooth, cinematic experiences that scream off the screen.

In addition to the impressive lineup of titles both in Japan and around the world, you'll soon be able to enjoy the next generation of the Xbox Live® service, the Emmy®-award-winning online games and entertainment network. With Xbox 360 and the Xbox Live service, you can play online in a community of millions, connect with friends using voice and video chat, download new content, build online profiles and experience new modes of entertainment. Xbox 360 is also the ultimate amplifier for music, movies and photos stored on an array of devices including MP3 players, digital cameras and Microsoft® Windows® XP-based PCs. The console makes it easy for you to enjoy all their digital content in the living room, on the best TV and speakers in the house.

11. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    sorry Pooon - but my mate is certain and he's not wrong very often.

Gary

Oh and if you ever want a game of golf - let me know 3 of us played last night saw you were on and playing :smashin:

12. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Gary, not wanting to a start a fight - he said, she said, etc - but is your mate maybe thinking of the Japanese launch? MS confirmed at the TGS that PGR3 will not make the first wave of titles in Japan but GI.biz unofficially confirmed it's on track for launch here:
    That was taken from http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11537.

One thing we all need to be aware of is that MS aren't talking about a launch day but a launch window with so many shipping for the launch day and so many more before the end of 2005 which is only a few short weeks behind launch. Some of the numbers which have been floated have been 15 on the day and up to 40 by the end 2005 but these sound unbelievably ambitious. I guess we'll have to wait and see....

Cheers,

Colin

P.S. Should we even be suggesting to Pooon that PGR might miss the launch date. Even if it will, just lie to him otherwise it could all end in tears ;)

13. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Does he have special insights that we don't, or is he going off news articles online, from the likes of EA who are saying it won't make the release date (when of course they want their own Need For Speed to sell more).

14. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    December 2nd is cutting it a bit fine for xmas! Either way, I'm not bothered as mine was pre-ordered on day one! :D

15. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +732
    I'm always up for a round on Links, i don't play very often but it does make a nice change.

PGR - i think it will make launch, but thats only my opinion, i also think PDZ will make it for launch.

PS - found out yesterday that Dixon$ are taking preorders on bundles that include either of the 2 games mentioned plus and additional wireless controller, do they something we don't