1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novatechs Hitachi 42PMA225E

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Dabs, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Dabs

Dabs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi ya everyone, i've been following these forums for quite a while now and decided i now need help as i've just ordered a Plasma from Novatech out of pure impulse on the buy now pay later scheme.Its a Hitachi 42PMA225E which i hear is the same as a 400e,is that true?....any advice please as theres not a lot reviews on this 225E model. Thanks, Dave.

2. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    i too have been interested in this one, but seems too good to be true, hitachi always have good panels, but this one is way too cheap. especially if they are giving away a free wall mount too.

after getting better images of it, it looks very similar in design and shape to the goodmans panel from argos (which is identical to the techwood panel in currys).

is this hitachi panel a low budget clone / same parts / shell / same factory / etc....... ?

i have tried to research but due to it being a upgraded monitor & not a tv, there are no reviews for it. :confused:

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think this is 2 gen. old NEC glass, it's a moderately old model, hence the cheap price. You can certainly buy a better plasma, the rub is can you buy better for £1200? Though it grieves me to say it, :D This is an instance where another £100 or so gets you a (cough) LG PX11, which I think will comfortably outperform this baby, and be a full TV into the bargain.

4. jedi-knight

jedi-knight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Cheers Maw.

The Lg Was The Next Choice, Cheers.

5. clever dicky

clever dicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got a brochure through the door today with one of these Hitachi 42pma225e's selling for 899 ukp. Is says " range of wall brackets available" ?? but still cheap.
    Company is www.rocheav.co.uk

just had a look but website down at the mo.

6. fish2000

fish2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased this panel from Novatech and would have to say I am pretty happy with it.

In fairness, this is the first plasma I have used, so I don't have anything to compare it too, other than the CRT 32" I had before. Obviously, the plasma isn't as clear as the CRT, but after spending a bit of time setting it up, I am fairly impressed, though I wasn't so impressed at first and there seemed to be a lot of banding. This was greatly reduced after I had made some adjustments with the aid of the THX setup on the Terminator 2 DVD.

Novatech were a bit of a nightmare mind you. The panel comes with a wallmount, but I needed the stand asI don't have a suitable wall. They delivered the TV (a week later than they were supposed to be) and I was supposed to receive the stand two days after. I didn't and ended up waiting nearly three weeks for it! It was very frustrating, though in fairness to Novatech, they did give me the stand for nothing, as compensation and I don't think it was Novatech that were directly causing the delay - more the wholesaler the item was coming from. Anyway, in short, if you do decide to get a panel from Novatech, be sure to get something in writing (e-mail or whatever) confirming the delivery date or you could end with a panel you can't use!