Nova Tenda Mesh Home Wifi: Problems with app

trentonmoss100

Novice Member
I set up Nova Tenda Mesh wifi at home 6 months ago. Everything worked for a few months. Recently the wifi performance has gotten worse and one of the hubs has stopped working.

When I go on to the app, it can no longer see any of the 3 hubs and tells me to connect to them. I can't connect to them though as the SSID's don't appear in my wifi list (manual connection to the SSID over wifi doesn't work either).

Basically, I've followed the troubleshooting advice and it's not worked... So I'm stumped!

Have you experienced this or get any ideas on what to do?

mickevh

Distinguished Member
I don't know your kit, but you could try getting hold of a (free) Wi-Fi scanner and see if the AP's are advertising themselves over the airwaves. Acrylic Wi-Fi and InSSIDer are free ones for Windows (laptop with a Wi-Fi NIC is the ideal platform.) I don't doubt that there are similar tools available for phones/tablets but I've never used one - others can doubtless offer suggestions.

Such a scanner will the allow you to confirm whether the AP's are advertising themselves or not and will also show you any other AP's/routers etc. advertising themselves in your locale and which radio channels they are using. Prima facia, It doesn't sound like it, but you may just have a channel clash with a neighbour which can be fixed by re-tuning to different channels.

Sadly the freebe Wi-FI scanners don't show any client devices and/or "other" sources or radio interference (video senders, car alarms, microwave ovens for example use the same radio wavebands) but it's better than nothing.

Koipin

I set up Nova Tenda Mesh wifi at home 6 months ago. Everything worked for a few months. Recently the wifi performance has gotten worse and one of the hubs has stopped working.

When I go on to the app, it can no longer see any of the 3 hubs and tells me to connect to them. I can't connect to them though as the SSID's don't appear in my wifi list (manual connection to the SSID over wifi doesn't work either).

Basically, I've followed the troubleshooting advice and it's not worked... So I'm stumped!

Have you experienced this or get any ideas on what to do?

Have you upgraded to Sky Q at all or introduced any other technology onto your system?

camBB

Had the same problem ref the app. I had to log onto the app but id used Google signin not the email passwd route. It had me stumped all day but im on now and can control the nodes.

trentonmoss100

Novice Member
I don't know your kit, but you could try getting hold of a (free) Wi-Fi scanner and see if the AP's are advertising themselves over the airwaves. Acrylic Wi-Fi and InSSIDer are free ones for Windows (laptop with a Wi-Fi NIC is the ideal platform.) I don't doubt that there are similar tools available for phones/tablets but I've never used one - others can doubtless offer suggestions.

Such a scanner will the allow you to confirm whether the AP's are advertising themselves or not and will also show you any other AP's/routers etc. advertising themselves in your locale and which radio channels they are using. Prima facia, It doesn't sound like it, but you may just have a channel clash with a neighbour which can be fixed by re-tuning to different channels.

Sadly the freebe Wi-FI scanners don't show any client devices and/or "other" sources or radio interference (video senders, car alarms, microwave ovens for example use the same radio wavebands) but it's better than nothing.
Thank you for this, I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it. I'll give it a go!

trentonmoss100

Novice Member
Had the same problem ref the app. I had to log onto the app but id used Google signin not the email passwd route. It had me stumped all day but im on now and can control the nodes.
Thanks for the suggestion, didn't work for me but I'm glad it helped you!

mushii

Distinguished Member
It’s because SkyQ operates at full transmission power all of the time

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom