NotPotter's Bedroom Setup

DrummahUK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Having moved into my first house since graduating from uni and moving out of the parental home nearly 6 months ago, I have finally got round to taking pictures of my setup that aren't with my iPhone.

First of all the specs - I do plan on going for a bigger TV at some point but thus far I'm still restrained by paying off my student overdraft, as do I plan on getting a dedicated amp but at the moment I'm very happy with what I have considering I hardly use it at the moment! I really like the cabinet, it was here when I moved in but has the perfect amount of surface space.

TV: LG 32LG7000 1080p Full HD
Surround Sound: Logitech Z5500 5.1
Playstation 3 80GB
Xbox Premium 20GB
(both plugged into surround via optical)

Pics

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

Any advice on speaker placement would be greatfully received!

Hope you like the Rocky prints also!

UPDATE: New updates here

Last edited:
Love the rocky prints:thumbsup:

Move the speakers as far to the sides as possible, it looks like there is just enough room? Will vastly improve the sound quality:thumbsup:

I could fix the speakers to the wall, but there would be wires hanging down which I'm not overly bothered about, how much higher would they need to be?

Looks very neat! :)
I don't think he means your speakers should be higher, but further apart. So you can tell the difference between left and right with effects in movies/games.

Looks very neat! :)
I don't think he means your speakers should be higher, but further apart. So you can tell the difference between left and right with effects in movies/games.

Yes this is what i meant, put them either side of your consoles:thumbsup:

Nice setup.

I agree with other comments regarding speakers, if you can move them to the corner of the room then I would do that. As regards to height, I would go for mid-height of the TV.

I was looking (until issue with job i.e. lost it) to buy AV speakers and "experts" in shop recommended if possible speakers should be 6 to 8 feet apart preferable so 3 or 4 feet either side of TV.

I got the prints off ebay but I framed them myself, I think they were £5 each or something like that, I have rearranged my setup a bit now, I was umming and arr-ing about wall-mounting the speakers, but instead I had just rearranged the consoles so I am able to put them wider.

I wanted to put the consoles in the cupboard, cleared it all out ready, was about to cut holes for the wires in the back, and realised that my HDMI leads wouldn't be long enough, d'oh!

New Setup:
PICT0024.jpg

Obligatory games drawer shot:
PICT0027.jpg

Looks a lot better now. Like the way the consoles stand like that :) And I bet it sounds better too?

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, by the time I got sat down to play MW:2 it was already half 12 and I don't think my housemates would appreciate it!

I did consider that, but because the ports on the back of the tv are lop-sided I'd have it pull it further forward that I'd like to.

It turns out I might have an opportunity to get a 42" Full HD samsung LCD (not sure of model number or anything yet), so this could be a temporary fix depending on how good the potential new TV is, with that in mind and the potential extra size of the tv I would need to relocate the consoles to the cupboard and probably wall-mount the right and left satellites; unfortunately I won't find out till Monday what the craic is with that!

I could fix the speakers to the wall, but there would be wires hanging down which I'm not overly bothered about, how much higher would they need to be?

If you put them on the wall just get some D-Line trunking to cover the wires. I used some when I put mine up just after Christmas and it works really well:thumbsup:

Well i got bored with my current setup, I had a bit of birthday money left over so I decided to buy a cheapish tv stand from tesco that was down from £50 to £30, speaker placement isn't ideal at the moment, but I have a lot more space for working on any laptops that I'm currently repairing. Apologies for the not so great photos, my camera had no charge so I was forced to take them with my iPhone.

TV stand
2edb2ccf.jpg

Cabinet
aaa01933.jpg

I appreciate the cabinets don't match at the moment, but I can't afford to lose the storage space at the mo! :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom