1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notice for X1 users (and clones)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paul Williams, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Several times on this forum it has been noted that there is difficulty in sourcing both the component to VGA and component to Svideo adaptors (SP-VESA-ADPT & SP-VIDEO –ADPT respectively) not bundled with the X1. Indeed I have had one on order for the last 3 month and still not delivered. Please find details of a source for alternatives to the above.

The company is Reflex Ltd
    Telephone 01189 314611 and ask for their Service Department
    Contact Name is Lisa Alder

Note you must ask for these alternative part numbers.
    For SP-VESA-ADPT use 210-0261-00
    For SP-VIDEO-ADPT use 210-0206-00

Cost for each is £6.00 + £5.00 Delivery (excluding VAT)
    I would expect if both are ordered together a single delivery charge may apply, but please confirm with Lisa.

One rather bizarre factor, which I feel I should share with you, is that the source of these alternatives (and the information) is Infocus themselves. Infocus have informed Lisa that they have these items in stock with a 5 day lead time (mine took 10 working days to arrive).

Disclaimer – I have no commercial connections with Reflex Ltd other than being a satisfied customer.

I hope this will solve some of the supply issues some X1 users have been experiencing recently for these part’s.

My thanks to Lisa for passing on this info.

Paul

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have now been made aware that the 'official' X1 adapters are now available - but the price is in the region of £50 each. So if you didn't get one, you may want to speak to Lisa and see if she can still get the alternative part. Even if you feel there is only the outside chance that you will want to go down the Progessive input route with the X1 it may be worth checking. £50 appears to be totally OTT for this adaptor.

Paul