1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is forgotten...!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Crispin, May 31, 2005.

1. Crispin

Crispin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    So glad to see 'Robin of Sherwood' finally getting a long-overdue terrestrial re-run on ITV3.
    Such a marvellous series, and such an imaginative way to present the legend.
    Great actors, all. Ray Winstone plays Scarlet as he should be - ANGRY.
    Nickolas Grace and Robbert Addie are wonderful as the sniping/comedic and yet really quite nasty Sheriff and Gisburne. And has Michael Praed ever done anything else half as good since?
    Wonderful photography (the use of ambient lighting is exemplary and unique in TV at that time), real arrows thunking viciously into people and killing them, and the Clannad music completes the magic.
    I doubt we'll see the like of it again.

My favourite moment....
    Soldier (at night, on castle walls): "Who goes there, friend or foe?"
    Scarlett (running towards him): "Friend!"
    [Scarlett reaches hapless soldier and heaves him off battlements]
    Scarlett (looking over the side): "Not *your* friend".

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I agree - hence my recommendation in my usual "New TV Viewing For May and June 2005" thread! A superb show, that so deserves a re-run! :)

I remember watching this on ITv back in 1983/84, and I was about seven at the time. I loved it then, and love it now! A great action series that mixed clever humour, with dark ferocious action, and a grit you just don't see in many kids shows these days. (This used to air on Saturday teatimes on ITV, and was meant to be watched by children. Ah, them were the days! :D )

I even had a crush on the lady who played Maid Marion - Judi Trott. :blush: I still do, to a certain degree, and she was the lady to blame for getting me interested in red-headed women. :)

Alas, she doesn't appear to have done much since then, according to the IMDB! :(

Ah well! Enjoy the show! :)

Pooch