Notes on the Alpine iDA-X100

Thats a great idea, thanks. I never considered using the X100 to run speakers alongside an amp. Damn, now to spend hours comparing every different one again! :)

I used car audio direct for my X100 very good service, I rang them with a question and they were very helpful and actully sounded like they wanted to talk to you which is rare these day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know if anyone else has had a similar issue, but for some reason a few of my albums have the songs out of order. Theyre correct on the Ipod itself and on Itunes, but when I plug into the X100 theyre in a different order. Its not a random shuffle either as the songs are always in the same (wrong) order.

Ive only noticed it on 3-4 albums so far but its very strange.

Ok have now had my new speakers fitted.
The 6 speaker setup ih the doors (Golf MkV GT Tdi 3 Door) have been replaced by Pioneer TS-A172C which are 17cm with seperate tweeters and crossovers supplied.
In the back the standard speakers have been disconected and replaced with Pioneer TS-A6902i.
I now love the sound and am very very happy with this setup and have exactlly what Im looking for.

Hope this helps, my problems were obviously with the OEM speakers.
I had this installed profesionally and whether them tweaking with the settings has helped im not sure

Ok little question
Does anyone else have problems with the radio reception in there car.

I have the adaptor for my car but I still seem to lose reception very easily.

Hello all,

I got the IDA-X100 about a month ago and did a 3,200Km ride with it from Montreal to North Carolina and back, using it with my 80Gb iPOD (video). Had NO issue at all. It worked like a charm all the way.

The radio is disapointing however. I hate the fact you must always hit the "preset" button then scroll to the desired station. Also, if I use the scan feature to get to the next or previous station in mode "local", it doesn't find any station even though I live in a region where at least 10 very strong signals are available. But then, that could be due to the fact my car is a recent VW Jetta, for which I have read the antenna should be amplified when switching to a non-OEM Head Unit.

PROBLEM: For my day to day use (going to work and back), I bought a 16GB USB 2.0 flash memory key and filled it up with albums from my music collection which I felt was good music for driving. This way, I can leave my iPOD safely connected to my home sound system and have that 50$ usb key always in the car, facing humidity, intense heat, intense cold in winter, etc.

I connected the USB flash key to the Head Unit and turned the unit on. During the first 30-seconds of playing, the sound skipped about 4 to 5 times. I guess it is due to the fact the radio has to scan all the Id tags on the USB key while playing the music and perhaps this is taking too much I/O power for the Head Unit? This is still the only explanation I can give. This skipping happens every single time the Head unit is turned on...this is getting on my nerves. Or can it be the USB key that is too slow to read?

Anyone has experienced the skipping while reading a 16GB flash
USB 2.0 drive?

Also, in the last two weeks, it happenned once that I turned on the HU, and it forgot the current playing song and started back and the first song (actually, by default, it plays a song among the middle of the available directories)...

But once the first 30 seconds is gone, the songs will play uninterrupted for hours until the next time you turn it off and back on (then the skipping begins again for 30 seconds).

But again, when used with an Ipod (rather than a USB Flash Memory Key), the Unit works flawlessly!

Thanks, and sorry for the rather long post! :)

Mine will start playing the first song on the Ipod alphabetically (AAA by Strapping Young Lad) everytime I disconnect the Ipod from the HU. Perhaps this is what happened in your case?

No idea about the flash though, Ive never tried one.

The unit uses the music library on the iPod. If you have a usb flash drive it has to read the whole falsh drive every time it starts up, I guess it is struggling to read the whole drive as well as play off it. A better quality faster drive may help with this issue it's down to the read/write speed. What make is the flash drive your using.

The flash drive I was using was a GXT (or was it GTX). I got it refunded at Future Shop. I confirm the problem was its read/write speed. A friend of mine had a super-fast SanDisk 16Gb memory stick. I filled it up with music and tested the iDA-X100 with it. No problemo at all! No skip. So I ordered A "Patriot Xporter XT Boost High Speed 16GB" Flash drive at memoryhouse.com for the same price I had paid the cheap one. I haven't received the drive yet but I am confident I have solved my problem.

Thanks a lot for your input! :thumbsup:

As expected, no skip with my new Patriot Xporter XT Boost High Speed 16GB USB2.0 Flash Memory Drive! (60$ all inclusive at memoryhouse.com). Problem all solved!

Hello,
can I use my iphone (1st gen) with Alpine iDA-X200?
I want to control what music it plays from the iPhone, for example i like the shuffle the iphone has. Is this possible with this Alpine system?
thank you.

If it behaves like an iPod NO the stereo takes over the unit and locks the controls.
The iPods even display an Alpine screen while connected and in use

Is there a stereo car system that allows me to use my iPod as and iPod and only hear it from the car speakers?

Is there a stereo car system that allows me to use my iPod as and iPod and only hear it from the car speakers?

If you mean you control the iPod directly then that's most of the more basic ones on the market

The radio is disapointing however. I hate the fact you must always hit the "preset" button then scroll to the desired station.

Is this really true? All this performance just to change stations? I'm all set to buy this but now I look at it again, I see there are no preset buttons. Dammit, this would drive me nuts!

It gets better you dont know what station you are selecting just it's frequency.

Seems a little behind the times

Ideally, they would have used the "push & turn" wheel to jump from one preset to another...instead, while in radio mode, the "push & turn" wheel does zilt. Nothing. Surprising for a company like Alpine...

Ideally, they would have used the "push & turn" wheel to jump from one preset to another...instead, while in radio mode, the "push & turn" wheel does zilt. Nothing. Surprising for a company like Alpine...

Could they not do this with a firmware update??
Do Alpine do this?

hey does anyone have an x100 working perfectly with a new 4th gen ipod nano?

hey does anyone have an x100 working perfectly with a new 4th gen ipod nano?

Are you wanting to try one or are you having problems you can probably find someone near you that will let you have a go.

Where are you

Is there a way of switching the artwork off? I know it looks pretty but it takes up too much space on the screen.

Or is it a setting that needs changing on the iPod itself?

i dont have an alpine x100 yet, i have a new 4th gen 8gig ipod nano, thus i wanna be sure if i buy the x100 that it works with the new nano's?

surely somebody has a new 4th gen nano they tried on the x100? im over in rep.ireland so i would think people arent too near me :p

the reason i ask is, i know apple changed certain things with the new nano and they dont charge with speaker docks anymore, im hoping this is not the case with the x100

Is there a way of switching the artwork off? I know it looks pretty but it takes up too much space on the screen.

Or is it a setting that needs changing on the iPod itself?

It's not an iPod setting as if there is no artwork you get a default image instead.

i dont have an alpine x100 yet, i have a new 4th gen 8gig ipod nano, thus i wanna be sure if i buy the x100 that it works with the new nano's?

surely somebody has a new 4th gen nano they tried on the x100? im over in rep.ireland so i would think people arent too near me :p

the reason i ask is, i know apple changed certain things with the new nano and they dont charge with speaker docks anymore, im hoping this is not the case with the x100

Have you tried Halfrauds or there equivalent just to try i?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom