1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Note of thanks for ScreensUK

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mjwhitehouse, Mar 30, 2001.

1. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had Rob from ScreensUK round at my house doing some extra work for me on my Ellie installation. I feel the need to publically thank him and all the team for the excellent service they have provided me. He arrived at 6:00 pm after another installation in the area and left at 12:30 am having done a brilliant job. He also answered so many of my HT questions that I may not be writing to this forum for a while. The service I have received has always been courteous, professional, comprehensive and best of all done in such a friendly way that it is a pleasure to talk to them. Love or hate the Ellie (I love mine) you cannot fault the service provided. Once again thanks Rob and I hope the hotel was still open when you arrived. British society has seemed to me to becoming much faster but at the same time this means people have less time for you. This is not the case with ScreensUK and talking with them is like a breath of fresh air. Sorry if this post is inappropriate, but if you feel that, then just take this as my recommendation of a company who has done me proud.

2. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think *anyone* hates the Ellie.

3. mjwhitehouse

mjwhitehouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, it was just an expression

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Great service, great product, great price.

This is just what this forum is about. Your post is not inappropriate, far from it. Personal recomendation is the best recomendation. We should see more of this type of posts. Perhaps we can see more of screens UK posting on more general issues (like Gordon). I would certainly welcome their input and Richard A.......?

5. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly it appears that some idiot is doing more damage than good for Ellie / Screens UK over in the AVS Forum CRT Projector section by announcing it as the Best Projector Ever...

Talk about red rag to a bull. I feel sorry for Screens UK whoever this guy is.

6. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,976
    I would say that the post on the AVS forum smells very strongly off a certain individual who used to post here.I have no pozitive evidence that this is the case,but my CID nose says it must be [​IMG]

7. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Mr Chompy who ever he is needs to do some homework before posting. Lots of it.
    Silly remarks like that at AVS does no one any good. Its like laying down on the M25 and waiting to get run over.
    Eric

8. Jagular

Jagular

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry! Whats the AVS forum? Is it better than this one?

9. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
  10. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark,
    We would have if we had one!!!!!!
    There is only a HCC £10 a pop section.
    As I mentioned before in feedback, we need a place where members can buy, sell and trade their gear.
    I posted an "Opinions Please" thread in the hardware section for some support regarding this but got zero replies.
    Maybe none of our members ever buy or sell gear [​IMG]
    Anyway, seems like I was wasting my time.

Eric