Question Note 10+ 5g

emthree

The screen protector that came pre-applied had started to bubble on my Note 10+ and I asked the local Samasung Repair centre if it was under warranty. It wasn't but they did offer to machine apply a new one for 10 pounds. We agreed on 8. Well, they couldn't and after four attempts, handed over to me a phone with screen protector all speckled. It shone like a galaxy under light when the phone was switched off. They keep saying they tried four times. They offered to forego the charges but I refused to accept it as it was. Apparently they could only resolve the matter by installing a brand new LCD screen that comes with the protector preapplied. They will do it free of charge.

Now this is a bit of an overkill, I feel. Before I take them up on the offer, any advice? I could off course take off the protector and not have one at all. Or apply one myself. But there was something about the orginal that appealed to me as it was applied so perfectly. I guess my main question is: is installing the new screen likley to mess things up, even in a subtle manner? I hear it is quite a complex process in a Note 10+ 5G.

I will appreciate any help, advice, helpful hints etc.. And apologies for the rather long post.

BM08

If the pre-applied one started to bubble, then why do you want another one installed? The same thing will happen to that more than likely. I would find out which one is the best for the note 10+ and have a go at putting it on yourself, it’s not really that hard if you follow the instructions

emthree

I was coming to the same conclusion. In fact I had removed the Smasung one and decided to get one installed professionally from a local store. My only (?misplaced) apprehension was whether Samsung's original protector is more suited for the touch (thumb print) sensitivity but apparently not.

Thanks for your input.

BM08

Watch this, meant to be one of the best screen protectors for the note 10 phones. Not cheap but might be worth it if it protects your screen and doesn’t effect the sensors.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom