1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not too wide

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by osmyth, Mar 6, 2005.

1. osmyth

osmyth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking at getting a TV for the bedroom (probably connected to sky via rf), however, the width would have to be less than 84cm, but viewed at 10' so I'm looking upto 32".
    Last May I tried the 32" Philips 9986 lcd for my lounge tv at the time when it had the ambilight/remote problems.
    I changed it for a 37" Panny PE30 plasma and prefered the plasma picture, so ideally I'd like a plasma but that might be just too extravagant for a bedroom!
    From the sizes the only real option seems to be an Hitachi 32pd5200, but detaching the speakers.
    Alternatively, lcds - sony 32m1, 30hr3, philips 26-9946, sharp ga5?
    Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks, Owen.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Sharp LCD are good 32" as are others... plasma choice is limited to 32" hitachi and old philips swellme l just got a 32" Hitachi from RS for £1150!!!!and is pleased also has 42" panny in lounge

3. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got Hitachi 32pd5300 pro from rs for £1150 have it all set up running in bedroom from rf see my thread rs hitachi for photos