• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Not sure what to do with a dodgy 360

ed540

Just turned on my 360 and had the three red lights. Turned it off and then back on again 5mins later and its working fine.
Its a month out of retailers one year warranty from gamestation. Dont know whether to leave it and see if it happens again, return to gamestation and see if they would replace or return straight away to microsoft.
Do game or gamestation take consoles as trade ins, maybe I can trade it in and put the extra towards a new one.
What would you do?

solid

your coverd by microsoft warrenty just contact them an arrange a collection and repair of your console

daymouse

Distinguished Member
i bet they dont even check these days they get that many, they prob just look at the sheet to see what the problem is, see the red lights and go rite swap the motherboard!

KnightWolf

Just turned on my 360 and had the three red lights. Turned it off and then back on again 5mins later and its working fine.
Its a month out of retailers one year warranty from gamestation. Dont know whether to leave it and see if it happens again, return to gamestation and see if they would replace or return straight away to microsoft.
Do game or gamestation take consoles as trade ins, maybe I can trade it in and put the extra towards a new one.
What would you do?
i have the same problem, i just leave it on for about 5 min's and it will work fine for the rest of the day.

hayesw60

Standard Member
I have the samed problem aswell, about a week ago my xbox got the red ring of death, I quickly switched it off and on again it came back on as normall, i thought nothing of this but over the last week the xbox has been freezing up more and more up to the point where every half hour or so it is freezing at least once now, I have now contacted xbox and im going to send it off and see what happens. I was thinking of trading aswell mate, checked Gamestation and Game they are offering £145 for xbox premiums but that still means you will have to add £100 to get another premium as they are currently £250 or ad £150 if you wanted an elite.

Ico.

I have the samed problem aswell, about a week ago my xbox got the red ring of death, I quickly switched it off and on again it came back on as normall, i thought nothing of this but over the last week the xbox has been freezing up more and more up to the point where every half hour or so it is freezing at least once now, I have now contacted xbox and im going to send it off and see what happens. I was thinking of trading aswell mate, checked Gamestation and Game they are offering £145 for xbox premiums but that still means you will have to add £100 to get another premium as they are currently £250 or ad £150 if you wanted an elite.

I'd need to keep my HHD if I ever went down that route.

ed540

Thanks for the replies everyone. Quick update on the 360 is that its knackered altogether now!
So i phoned microsoft within the past hour and its going to be picked up, hopefully, early in the week.
When I get it back I may be tempted to trade in and get a ps3 what with the 360 problems with reliability, noise and heat and the blueray side of the ps3 is tempting too.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom