• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Not sure between these 2 LCDs (Toshiba / Samsung)

Rookie8x

Standard Member
Hi all

I'm quite new in LCDs technology, and after searching various local shops I've cut down to these 2 models as these seem to be the best choice for me, money wise and availability.

It's the Toshiba 32AV635 vs Samsung LE32B530 (both 32")

The only thing i know is that the Samsung is better because it's full HD.

Mainly what i'm looking for is picture quality including lack of blurness (games!).

Even though the amount of connectors wont harm, i'm not looking for those, or sound quality (got external surround) but mainly picture quality :)

Cheers

LevelUpRob

both tv's are meant to be very good as they've both got positive feedback from reviews from play and amazon if games are the main priority consider the LG 32LH3000 also full hd. suppose to be a very good gaming tv i have the 32' mode of last years 3000 series which is hd ready only but the picture is superb and ive not noticed any gaming lag since i've had it.

ya best bet is to see if a local tv shop has either of the models in and see what you think has the best picture

Dr Lokoss

Standard Member
Hi there

I got the Tosh AV32633 from John Lewis a couple of weeks ago, and its a good set IMO. It's my first HD tv so i have nothing to compare it to, but the picture on freeview looks really clear, and I cant find fault with it for gaming on my 360 through HDMI.
In terms of whether there is lag or not, i used to play BF1943 on a 2ms response 19" Samsung monitor, and be in the top few after each round for points/kills etc...since gaming with this TV i havent noticed any drop in my scores, and havent noticed any obvious "lag" or blurring either.

although i have yet to calibrate it, as i know absolutely nothing about how to go about it, and there dont appear to be many threads on here about how to do it for this specific telly, i am still happy with its overall picture quality.

duncfunk

Ultimately the Samsung will come out on top in terms of pq but the Toshiba will have more connections and better sound. The Samsung is proving to be very popular for a full hd budget set.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom