Not recognising Wireless devices after hibernation...

LukeHughes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Help... again...

For some reason my Vista PC is now not recognising my Wireless Mouse or Keyboard when it wakes from hibernation...

Any ideas????

Sorry cant help but I have a similar problem. After booting the pc the mouse wont work untill I unplug the usb cable and put it back in.

I had this trouble with XP,the wireless keyboard and mouse, was never recognised on first boot, still doing it in Vista,I now stop on first bootscreen restart immediatley and it sees it.

Tried all sorts must be a bug in the keyboard/mouse not the system.

The only idea I have is that Vista is rubbish.

I have encountered all sorts of problems and I am beginning to wish I had not installed it.

Sometimes it recognises my wireless network and sometimes not. Slow start-up; slow-shut down (if it can be bothered to shut down properly).

Best of luck.

M

The only idea I have is that Vista is rubbish.

I have encountered all sorts of problems and I am beginning to wish I had not installed it.

Sometimes it recognises my wireless network and sometimes not. Slow start-up; slow-shut down (if it can be bothered to shut down properly).

Best of luck.

M
That was what I was getting using hardware Vista did not agree with (64 bit on a Turion laptop with ATI chipset). That was poor driver support because the 32 bit version was better. Rather than shutting down try disabling and re-enabling the network connection. Also go to the manufacturer of the wireless chipset for latest drivers regardless of wether Vista seemed to install and work ok. In particular get the latest chipset drivers. You will get better results in my experience.

I had the keyboard and mouse when I was running XP and all worked fine so I can only assume its a bug in VISTA, strange though as I have been able to do it for the last couple of weeks and now suddenly it doesn`t want to play...

All my drivers are current and I have all the latest windows updates.

As for vista in general I have to admit I quite like it, I have around 1gig RAM and a 250meg hard disc and its responsive and functional... only time will tell if this changes as the computers only a couple of weeks old......

Thanks for the advice cable monkey.

If I use the Vista drivers for the wireless modem I get a machine_check_exception error so I have to use a butchered driver (there is some compatibility issues with the Nividia 680i SLI board and chipset and wireless modems -- I have tried three). Admittedly this is probably the route cause but what else can I do?

Although I had to use the same driver for XP at least it ran smoothly.

I am now finding that if the computer goes into hibernation/sleep then it will not restart -- just get a blank screen although the hard disc is spinning endlessly...

Hmmmmmm :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom