Question Not Receiving gmail without hassle on iMac

stranger

Prominent Member
Reaction score
iMac Mojave 10.14.3
Hi
As above, I have to constantly untick my gmail account, close mail, re-tick and then re-open mail to receive gmail. I've deleted all 'deleted' emails and trash to no avail.
I would appreciate any tips (treat me as a novice)
Thanks.

Thanks for that.
By clicking on the mail icon (postage stamp) on the toolbar am I not already using Safari to access my mail? I've always used this and kept my email account open (live).

Thanks for that.
By clicking on the mail icon (postage stamp) on the toolbar am I not already using Safari to access my mail? I've always used this and kept my email account open (live).

No, that's an application called Mail which is a dedicated e-mail program and has little to do with the Safari web browser.

There is a good chance this is a Mail-specific issue and a different e-mail client or accessing your e-mail via the gmail website won't suffer from the same problem.

Being thick as far as using pcs go how do I use safari and/or the gmail website as client?
Cheers

I'm being finicky about messing things up as I have some correspondence going on and don't want to lose things.

Being thick as far as using pcs go how do I use safari and/or the gmail website as client?
Cheers

I'm being finicky about messing things up as I have some correspondence going on and don't want to lose things.
We are taking about accessing your email over the gmail.com website using whatever web browser you prefer. Suggest Chrome (Google’s browser for Mac or PC), or Safari (on Mac, Apples browser).

The Mac mail app works fine for handling email, be it Google or other ISPs. It has its brain dead moments, and in some respects Thunderbird is better. However, as mail is a native app, it’s one less thing to have to manage. As for webmail, accessing gmail via safari or chrome will also work.

Clem

If it stops working then the most logical thing would likely be MFA kicking in and not being setup. Deleting the account and adding it again won't hurt any of your emails as they are stored in the google cloud anyway.

I don't like Gmail myself, but I use it for some stuff as well and there is no particular reason it shouldn't work. Diagnosing this remotely can be hard, hence the suggestion to just remove and add it back again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom