• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Not receiving channels / channel break up

jlajla

Standard Member
I recently bought a new receiver because after the switch-over I couldn't receive any of the BBC channels.

The new receiver receives most channels, but there's a few it isn't picking up properly - I can't get Film4, Virgin1+1 and a few others, if I put that channel on, I just get a black screen with intermittent sound. Some channels get a bit shakey and break up at times as well. It's very annoying. :(

Is there anything I can do?

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
It could well be your aerial, but without a few more details, such as which transmitter you receive, it's difficult to help.

Phlog

The new receiver receives most channels, but there's a few it isn't picking up properly - I can't get Film4, Virgin1+1 and a few others, if I put that channel on, I just get a black screen with intermittent sound. Some channels get a bit shakey and break up at times as well. It's very annoying. :(

I thought Virgin+1 had stopped transmitting?

jlajla

Standard Member
I thought Virgin+1 had stopped transmitting?

So I see - this prob has been happening for a while now and I've only just got around to doing something about it, so I didn't even realise it was no longer available on freeview... :rolleyes:

There are others such as Viva. I'd have to check through them all at home tho. But my main concern is Film4 and the fact that others break up - mostly BBC channels.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
What type of aerial are you using?
Outdoor/loft mounted/set-top?

jlajla

Standard Member
The aerial is outdoors on the roof.

Someone suggested that I tune manually to just receive from Winter Hill in case of interference... has anyone tried this?

Any advice welcome...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom