Not receiving BBC Channels on SKYD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by garreth64, May 24, 2003.

1. garreth64

garreth64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    BBC1,2,3,4,News have gone from my SkyD Box the last few days. All other channels received fine.

Phoned sky and after the usual "switch it off and back on again Sir", told me that BBC had moved in the last few days and some boxes wont receive the new signals.

As I dont have cover, and Engineer will kindly come out and 'fix' it for £65. How nice of them to charge me to fix my box when there is nothing wrong with it. :mad:

Can anyone explain to me what is happening with the BBC broadcast, I found this article here which says nothing is happening until July.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11063.html

Is there anything I can do to sort it myself?

Well frustrated especially as I have my nice new Plasma arriving this afternoon.

Cheers

2. garreth64

garreth64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The move to 2D in underway and in some cases complete and it's the removal of encryption which is penciled in for July.
    As you and many others are finding out your system isn't upto the task of receiving many of the 2D channels, a satellite which has been under used for SKY D reception.
    The majority of the people with problems will either need their dish slightly realigning or their LNB skew adjusted, small jobs if you are comfortable working up a ladder with a few tools.
    Other SKY systems might be having low/high band switching problems but that issue should have been effecting ITV recpetion for a long time now.

If you are out of warranty then SKY are well within their rights to charge you for the time and labour of an installer, an independent would also expect to be paid for out of warranty work. After all in SKY's case you don't pay SKY to watch the BBC channels but if you are a subscriber and you are having trouble then that gives you a bargining tool if you are prepared to use it.