Not played on my 360 for about a month!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by addyb, Mar 9, 2006.

1. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,295
    Hi all,

Well i doubt there is other people who feel the same but as the title states the 360 has kind of gone off the boil for me. I have PGR3,DOA4,Condemned and Kameo and various arcade games but to be honest all the games have lost the appeal for the time being. Now im not slating the console in any way. I think its a great piece of kit and have enjoyed many a night fighting away online on doa4. Dont know what it is but whenever im in the mood for gaming ive started to play some retro games on my laptop instead via emulators and strange as it may sound, im enjoying the games far more. Snes, N64, Megadrive etc. At the moment i cant get off conkers bad fur day and banjo kazooie on the n64. Both great games and more addictive then anything ive come across on the 360 as of yet. I guess im just waiting for some biggie titles to come along to get my interest back. Gears of war, resi 5 etc.
    Just wondered if anyone was going through a similar phase?

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,369
    Good god, GRAW comes out tomorrow as does Fight Night 3, Oblivion in a couple of weeks, Far Cry Predator and Tomb Raider not long after that. Surely there's something there to get your interest back! Just get GRAW tomorrow and forget you ever posted this...

3. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    I havn't played on it for about 5 days as my TFT died and I got the 'shakes'.

New screen comes this morning and I'm straight on the 360. Don't know how you survived for a month:smashin:

4. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,295
    Well yes some of those games look quality and hopefully will get me back into it. Fight night rd 3 will prob do the trick as im a massive fan of the previous games. I just hope its speeded up a tad as i thought the demo was a tad slow albeit amazing gfx!
    Ghost recon i wont bother with as im more a counter strike: source man. Tomb raider might be a let down and oblivion should kick ass!

I guess what im trying to say is i suppose it doesnt bother me whether the old games or new. My retro phase is coming on strong at the moment. Plus saving for my florida holiday in sept so could do without buying any new games at the moment. So ive stayed clear of all reviews, news etc on new and upcoming 360 games. Bring on resi 5 and halo 3.. thats all i care about! I bought a 360 just for resi 5 to be honest and ill do the same with the ps3 just for metal gear solid 4 and the revolution for its crazy new control scheme!

5. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went through a phase of not playing for about 2 weeks but got back into it when DOA4 cam out and then got back into Condemned (**** Scarey Game)

6. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Launch titles were pretty ***** - best Xbox360 game ?........HALO2....says it all really.

Pretty graphics don't good games make alone...........:thumbsdow

GRAW WILL hopefully adddress all this :smashin:

7. michaelT1888

michaelT1888
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    says the guy with one game

8. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Ask yourself why !....feel free to let me know when you've got a better live game than Halo2........gets ready for long wait

9. Vini

Vini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I had a period like this from mid jan, through til last week really. I started playing Tony Hawk, got into it. and im on it nightly again...

the lack of good titles does cause me a little boredom :(

/me goes back to fight night

10. michaelT1888

michaelT1888
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    well if you had DOA4, COD2, PDZ or any other popular games, and played them then you would realise that was the most ridiculous statement you have ever made, you have PGR3, you cant comment on any other games, or let me guess you played the other games at your mates and you didnt like them

11. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'll leave DOA to the kids and Japanese market thanks.

Played COD2 extensively - what happened to the live part...total disaster.

PDZ seemed ok.

So feel free to let me know your better 'live' game than Halo2 :hiya: :hiya:

12. michaelT1888

michaelT1888
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    we were talking about games not xbox live. and anyway i play halo2 still, but to say its the best game on the 360 is ludicrous, and i am awesome at halo btw:)

13. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Depends what your criteria is - I'm a live player..........don't enjoy playing with myself :smashin:

14. michaelT1888

michaelT1888
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    well 37 in slayer, 33 in rumble pit b4 i lost interest and let my bro play, would suggest i play it on live. also i was 29 in head to head

15. johntea

johntea
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm the same, just been that busy with other things no time for gaming :thumbsdow

16. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83

i love playing with myself.....probably why ive got one arm bigger than the other.

17. martmiller

martmiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    lol, I wondered if that coment was going to be made:-0

18. michaelT1888

michaelT1888
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    lmao

19. dvdmike007

dvdmike007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    christ on a bike its a good thing i dont know you, damn pgr3 isnt even the best project gotham game let alone the best 360 game

20. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,295
    LOL good to see my first thread in a few weeks has ended up being quite funny. I must point out though my original argument wasnt meant to be against the 360 and the quality of the games. Recently ive had a death in my Girlfriends family plus been busy at work. Suppose it doesnt help matters that i just got mariokart DS as well and having a threesome on that :D is great... nearly as good as other threesomes! :smashin:

i dont think ive ever seen as impressive launch line up like there was for the 360. My problem is i have too many games at my disposal. Having practically all games via emulation for most consoles, it well takes me about 3 hours to decide what i fancy playing!
    Anyway must dash got some mariokart ds online to play, but think condemned might be finished over the weekend :thumbsup:

Been a long time!

21. The Jayler

The Jayler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Currently seriously addicted to flashback on a megadrive emulator~ those were the days

22. Epicurus

Epicurus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +696
    I ended up playing my Mariokart DS more than my 360 too. But Im a big fan of the 360, I think it's a big big step forward in console gaming.

I'm not really bored of my two games, PDZ and PGR but it is true im looking forward to all the releases this month. My gamerscore is so slow mostly because I dont really have the time to play much, not because im bored of it.

PDZ still makes me laugh everytime I shoot someone in the back of the head with a shotgun.

23. gillette 73

gillette 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    i started to get bored of doa4 when no friends were on . and people kept quitting early when losing. But as soon as friends were on and we could get a bit of chat going as well as gaming , i'm back on track now
    do you not like condemmened as i too am a long time resident evil fan and i like the creepiness of condemend and i am definately getting dead rising too.:thumbsup: :cool:

24. twistywizard

twistywizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I havent given mine a good rinsing for a long time either.

Mainly due to not having the time and having other stuff going on.

However I downloaded Fight Night demo last night and shall be buying that today along with GRAW and MAYBE NHL. :clap:

Although Next week is Burnout I DEFO will be buying that. So many games so little time :rolleyes:

25. chuwright

chuwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'll probably purchase at least one of the next wave. However I'm largely unimpressed (yet more FPS and driving games!). I also find to much focus on Live play and I'm not really into Live, preferring the single player focus myself. Plus is it just me or are the single player modes a little easy on normal/default? I know I could up the difficulty, however I make the assumption that developers have balanced the game for normal settings.

26. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I'm giving the 360 a break since i finished ridge racer (phew the last races were develish). Dont like pgr3 and kong just bored me. Right now i'm hooked on psychonaughts and after that i'll tackle shadow of the collossus. But come 24/3/6 I'll be on oblivion solid hopefully for months to come.

Undecided on GRAW, never was a fan of squad based tactical shooters, i prefer solo gun running personally (before you say it i allready have cod2 and quake4 on pc).

27. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I only have the 1 game (condemmed) as I didn't really fancy anything else.
    Haven't touched it in about 5 weeks not since I got Ico and SotC.

But I picked up GR:AW today and have pre-ordered the new Morrowwind.

I'm looking to finish Resident Evil 4 on staurday and start GR:AW which should hopefully keep me entertained for a few weeks.

28. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,185
    You owe me new keyboard. I spat my tea all over it after reading that :censored: statement. If you enjoy getting screamed at by little american kids then go right ahead keep playing. Personally i prefer to play game that take a little more thought than jump jump, n00b combo, jump jump, sticky granade, jump jump, n00b etc etc

As stated before, you own the wide variety of ONE game so who are you to coment on the games available at launch!

29. dso

dso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Well I have noticed how little I've played with the 360 since I finished COD2. Yes more games are on their way but nothing new in terms of innovation and gameplay - dare I say it, but the Nintendo revolution seems to be going the right way, at least they are trying to be different.

Better graphics on the 360, yes, but if anyone remembers the classics like Command and Conquer, Red Alert Old skool Capcom games (see Capcom Classics) they will know its all about gameplay and not just how a game looks - though Far Cry is looking better every time I see more screen shots!

30. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    Hmm I must say you don't appear to have actually bought any games apart from PGR3 so that's a big claim really.

I have found a few great games on the system so far, including Madden 06, RR6, Kameo and COD2. GRAW & FN3 also seem to be pretty damn good but mine have yet to arrive.