not one but two rooms

gezzza

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice before i make a mistake that i cant change....

im just in the process of gutting my bungalow and extending it to include a 60sqm open planned kitchen, lounge, dinner and a separate lounge.

in the open planned area i have a 4m wide stud wall that im planning on mounting a 75in 4k TV 2x B&W 8180's, a B&W signature 8nt and 2 BK IW300's and for the surround i have a pair of B&W ccm818's to go in the ceiling power is coming from a Denon AVR-X7200W and for the subs a Behringer iNUKE NU6000

the stud wall is 200mm thick with staggered studs and noggins im going to fill the voids with rockwall sound insulation slab 18mm ply both sides and double 12.5mm Gyproc SoundBloc plasterboard. Overkill?
Im planning on boxing the the front B&W's in approx 2cuft for each speaker.
the ceiling speakers will be box in approx 1 cuft each

in the separate lounge 8mx4m im planning to fit a 135in projector screen, projector undecided as yet
power comes from a second Denon AVR-X7200W.

speakers i have so far for this room are pair of PMC OB1's, PMC CB6, Pair of PMC DB1+'s, Pair of PMC TB2+'s, Pair of PMC wafer1 Iw's and a Pair or BK monolith plus subs.

would like to run dolby atoms in this room but not 100% on what would be the right set up was thinking 9.2.2 using the ob1, cb6 and db1 up front with the wafer1 and tb2 as the surrounds just need to to find another pair of Wafer1/2 IW to put in the ceiling.

so i need a 2 channel amp for atoms speakers,some ceiling speakers and a projector.

am i missing anything obvious especially with the inwall/ ceiling setup planning on setting the center of the TV just above eye height when sat down the sofa will be 4m from the TV.
The L/R speakers 30cm either side of TV and at ear level when sat down and the center just below the TV.

any advice recommendations??

cheers

Gary

Have you considered 7.2.4 instead of 9.2.2 for the main area?
That would be my preference.

Agree with the above. Be good to see plan or pictures as difficult to visualise the space.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom