1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not "multiroom" or "transmitter", so what else?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by toby_smith, Nov 4, 2004.

1. toby_smith

toby_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am getting a new house and want Sky+. The main room will be the lounge, but I'd also like to be able to have a signal going into the "family" room next door so the kids can watch kids channels.

Searching through this forum, I have found 2 solutions to this:

1) Sky Multiroom, but I don't need this as I don't want to watch 2 separate channels, with the associated subscription costs

2) Buy a video transmitter from Argos or elsewhere, but I have a PC wireless network, and I see people have had problems with this.

So, what else?

I was wondering if I can just get a coax cable run from the lounge to the family room, and send the same picture being shown from the Sky box into the other room.

To complete the picture, I have no TV point in the family room, no aerial on the house, so the Sky Sat. will be the only source of signal.

If possible, I'd like the person who installs Sky to come and do the Sky+ install, and if appropriate run the cable between rooms for me. Will anyone do this?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would get it from Argos and see how it works. Is very simple to setup, and if it clashes with your wireless network then take it back for a refund. It worked fine with my old router (11b), just caused problems with my new one (54g). Maybe they have fixed this problem now, or it was just a clash between the two manufacturers with mine.

Cheers

3. TBH1

TBH1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    co-axe cable way would work just fine - not sure about engineer doing it for you though

4. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    just run some CT100 from RF2 output to the extra room and use a mouse eye for complete controle in remote room DEAD SIMPLE BUNG installer £20 and I'm sure he will run the extra cable if you ask him nice and give him some choccy biccys