Not long enough.... songs that are too short...

gazzaboy

Having seen @Ed Selley 's recent threads on perfect albums and live albums and listening to lots more music over the past few months, for one reason or another.... I've come across a few tracks that leave me wanting more, they're really good, but feel like they could (or should) be longer, and become even greater.... Have you got any tracks that you think just aren't long enough? Maybe we could compile and put into a tidal / spotify playlist?
There's plenty of music that goes on just too long, but how about stuff that is just the opposite? Here's two to start off...
Wolf Alice - Silk
Portishead - Silence

gibbsy

The Beach Boys God Only Knows. One of the most influential compositions ever. Just 2min 55secs of sheer writing and production genius.

gazzaboy

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Temple Of The Dog - Hunger Strike. Although this is about 4 minutes long, I'd still like another minute or 2 with a couple more verses (one from each singer).

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Pretty much any CCR song!

10000maniacs

Standard Member
Bob Dylans Knockin' on Heavens Door.
He could have stretched it out to a 10 minute epic, but it's only about two and a half minutes long.

gazzaboy

Bob Dylans Knockin' on Heavens Door.
He could have stretched it out to a 10 minute epic, but it's only about two and a half minutes long.
He’s made up for it with his more recent podcasts albums... good shout though

finlux

For me it's got to be Faster by Within Temptation. One of my all-time favourite songs, and I've always got to play in twice because once isn't long enough!

Last edited:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Talking of Fats, this is a video showing a rare moment of playing in his old age at home..

djtort

Standard Member
The Box Tops - The Letter
Queen - Seven Seas of Rhye
Simon & Garfunkel - April Come She Will
The Beatles - I Will
The Toys - A Lover’s Concerto

Plumsandpearls

I always think "in the ghetto" is too short.
Its a brilliant song, but by the time it gets going he's died, and the songs over. It's one of those songs that should be an epic song, but isn't.

My favourite song of all time is total eclipse of the heart. It could honestly have another ten minutes stuck in abd I'd love it more.

gibbsy

My favourite song of all time is total eclipse of the heart. It could honestly have another ten minutes stuck in abd I'd love it more.
I once was stood in a queue in the Co-op store in Mumbles, Gower and Bonnie Tyler was in front of me. Claim to fame. Totally off topic but there you go.

gazzaboy

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom