Not in HD area, tv keeps saying new channels found...?

byr0n

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As the title says im not in a Freeview HD area yet, i live in Kent.

Recently bought a Freeview HD Pansonic TV (S20B) as i already have a Freesat Humax box.

The freeview works fine but sometimes when i turn it off and turn it back on later it says new channels found, press ok to re-tune.

I did it the first time but i didnt notice any new channels, my thinking is it could be doing this as its trying to get the HD channels which i cannot get yet but obviously it wont because the digital switchover hasnt fully happened yet where i live.

Could this be the case, or are channels updated regulary on freeview HD?

Thanks

The tuner will be picking up distant transmitters, not intended for you, that have recently had their power increased.

They will be duplicate channels, not new channels.

On Panasonics there is an option to turn off the New Service message, which is the remedy for this problem.

Ahh ok, will turn the message setting off for now then until April 2011 when we will finally get Freeview HD :clap:

Ahh ok, will turn the message setting off for now then until April 2011 when we will finally get Freeview HD :clap:

Note that the massage is just that: an information message.

It doesn't affect scanning for channels, which you can do anytime.

The chances are that you will get that you will continue to get the nuisance message back at any time in the future if you turn the option back on.

On the other hand, on another thread someone is getting Freeview HD despite being "out of area". Worth checking to see if channels 50 - 52 have appeared on your TV.

Iain

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom