1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not happy with Video Sender

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by FlimsyFeet, Mar 2, 2005.

1. FlimsyFeet

Standard Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    We have one of those video senders downstairs, so we can watch ntl, videos or DVDs on the TV in the bedroom. It's one of those that has an IR receiver/transmitter so the remote controls work upstairs as well.

However, the quality is pretty bad, there's a hiss on the sound and intereference on the picture, and if I get out of bed and stand up the picture goes completely. I've tried using different channels and it's not better.

Also, we have had a problem with the ntl box changing channels spontaneously. I'm 90% sure it's the video sender's IR transmitter that's doing it, because I've not seen it happen when the video sender is switched off.

What alternatives are there? Obviously I could just run cables upstairs, but is there any other wireless alternative? This is probably going to sound ignorant, but could you use a PC with a capture card to grab the signal from the ntl box, and stream it digitally over a wireless network to a laptop connected to the TV ?