1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not happy with R Sounds. Went to buy PM7..

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rudy, Jan 4, 2005.

1. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got the wide boy salesman trying to boost his sale.

Straight away i was told to buy the Daewoo freeview box as it did the same as the scart board and was the same price. Not true, 50 quid more(200) and inferior quality signal. Cheeky sod. Bad start.

Then they were out of PM7`s. Seems you have to order one and pick it up next day as i rang ALL the local branches and no one held them in stock. On top of buying the extra bits I just lost patience.

So I have now ordered a Hitachi 32pd5200 as it has everything included.(less hassle)

Discount electrical UK are doing these for 1440. You get the speakers, stand
    Plus they throw in Optimal FF2 glass av rack thingy worth 300. And Free delivery. Not my first choice but a bargain i think

They said they had two left when i rang if youre interested

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I hope you dont come to regret your decision based ON RS sales muppets............

3. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You could be right! I`ll find out on thursday evening. After its set up and been running for a few days I will know.

The panny pq has depth, the blacks are blacker; the hitachi hasnt got as much scale being smaller and less contrast but it has great reolution and and good natural colours.

Unfortunately the shape of my front room means the Hitachi being the more practical choice, with the standard swivel base etc. I would have needed a swivel wall mount with the panny so it was looking expensive..