Not happy with buyyourav

N

NickHe

Here's the tale then:

1) Called early last week to order a 32WL48

2) Told not in stock but would definatley be in stock the next Tuesday ( today )

3) I say are you posative about this ? The guy then goes away to call Toshiba and returns to confirm Tuesday delivery for me to recieve on Thursday. I place order and card is debited ( Mastercard )

4) Call again on Friday and talk to another guy to confirm Tuesday. He says they were never arriving on Tuesday and it would be Thursday but I should still get it Friday.

5) Starting to get bad vibes at this point.

6) Call today and spoke to a woman who says they were never going to be in stock this week and it would be the 20th December !!! I ask her what her collegues were on about then and she pretty much says they would not have said that !!!!!!! So I'm telling porkies now then !!

7) Tell her to cancel the order and she curtly asks me for my name. I've had no mail to confirm the order has been cancelled. I'll check with the card company in the morning and I've mailed them asking for a confirmation mail about the cancellation. Well I think it's them !!! See part 8 !

8) Whats happened to their website. It appears to have gone. I'm assuming the company at www.buyyourav.co.uk is the same company.

Ordered instead from TV and Video Direct who were excellent. TV will be here on Friday.

I had a few problems with them as well. I won't go into details but they were of the same nature as yours.

BTW, no - that company in the .co.uk domain is not the same. Their details can be looked up here:

http://whois.melbourneit.com/

The one you've been dealing with is a couple of shops, one of which is in Wigan. They are a 'bricks and clicks' outfit:

http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=www.buyyourav.com

Don't worry. I suspect that buyyourav.com's website has temporarily gone down rather than disappeared!

I used buyyourav (that's buyyourav.com) last week for a Sharp GA3E.

There were some delays over the delivery date but nothing serious/nothing that you'd probably experience from any supplier. I was also reassured by their telephone manner - no hard sell, reassurance about aftersales, no quibble on return if dead pixels, etc. Were happy to give my the courier's number and my consignment number so I could call them direct on day of delivery to check the ETA of the package.

BTW, the website appears to have been temporarily down due to a revamp. Its up there now in a slightly silcker format.

Hey NickHe,

I have the same problem as you. I ordered a Toshiba 32WL48 from them on the 10 November. Soon afterwards they debited my card. A couple of days later they called stating that they were expecting some stock next week. This repeated for the next 3 weeks except I had to ring them to find out when stock was coming in. Decided on 2 December I had done enough waiting and decided to cancel order. Used the email address on my email confirmation "If you have any questions concerning your order please contact [email protected]". Got a failed to deliver email message. Decided to emailed them using the address on the website "[email protected]". No reply. Waited a couple of days then called them. They said the message didn't get passed onto them . . . . I am starting to smell BS. Guy says he will refund straight away. No refund yet. I am going to call again tomorrow. Will let you know if I get any answers.

DEV said:
Hey NickHe,

I have the same problem as you. I ordered a Toshiba 32WL48 from them on the 10 November. Soon afterwards they debited my card. A couple of days later they called stating that they were expecting some stock next week. This repeated for the next 3 weeks except I had to ring them to find out when stock was coming in. Decided on 2 December I had done enough waiting and decided to cancel order. Used the email address on my email confirmation "If you have any questions concerning your order please contact [email protected]". Got a failed to deliver email message. Decided to emailed them using the address on the website "[email protected]". No reply. Waited a couple of days then called them. They said the message didn't get passed onto them . . . . I am starting to smell BS. Guy says he will refund straight away. No refund yet. I am going to call again tomorrow. Will let you know if I get any answers.

I was one of the first people to buy a 32wl48 from buyyourav back in October - it did take two weeks longer than expected to receive the item, but it made it over and at a cheaper price than I expected from any other online retailer.
I think the issue regarding the delays, etc, are more an issue of supply/demand, rather than the buyyourav guys being shady... although I was a little miffed that I had to wait so long for the tv, they were completely truthful and always did call exactly when they said they would.

As for the site going to av4u.com... well, I have no idea what the deal is with that. Strange, very strange!

I'm not hapy with their service Dev .... My mails also bounced. Funnily enough they did not bounce to their Sales e-mail !! Funny that. I've just sent this mail to them. Lets see if they can be bothered to reply :

Hi

Could you please confirm by return e-mail that the order I place last week for a Toshiba 32WL48 has been cancelled and my card has been credited.

Please also supply me with the name of the person who is sending the email for my reference.

Regards

Hi NickHe,

Just checked my credit card and they have finally refunded my payment. My biggest problem with these guys is they over promised. They should have been straight up about their supply problems and not left their customers in the dark.

DEV said:
Hi NickHe,

Just checked my credit card and they have finally refunded my payment. My biggest problem with these guys is they over promised. They should have been straight up about their supply problems and not left their customers in the dark.

Totally agree. I can put up with a lot if retailers are honest but as soon as I start getting the ' it will next whatever now' I pull the plug. Once. OK. More then once and they are taking the ******.

NickHe said:
I'm not hapy with their service Dev .... My mails also bounced. Funnily enough they did not bounce to their Sales e-mail !! Funny that. I've just sent this mail to them. Lets see if they can be bothered to reply :

Hi

Could you please confirm by return e-mail that the order I place last week for a Toshiba 32WL48 has been cancelled and my card has been credited.

Please also supply me with the name of the person who is sending the email for my reference.

Regards

Have you heard anymore from them?

Yeah I've had a polite message saying my card had been refunded. The guys name and the time. Actually I got it 5 times ! They mist have probs with their mail server.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom