Answered Not got a Scooby...

Jimbobs

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all, apologies from a mature (ahem) oldie. For my 1st venture into home cinema I am sitting with boxes containing a Denon 2300 av receiver, Panasonic 900 blu ray, 5 Cambridge audio minx 22's and 2 minx 12's, audioquest pearl hdmi leads, a sky hd box and a mrs who is shaking her head and saying something about acting my age.Q. Where do the speakers go? And does one cable from sky to the AVR the right way to go? Tinternet has too many pages and no simple pics, any advice gratefully received and welcomed ( ps room is 5.25m x 3.5m) tv is Panasonic 55cx802b

The Denon manual will give you some pictures for the speaker layouts. Did you buy a sub woofer? You will need one to get the best out of movies.

It looks like you have 5 identical speakers, then 2 smaller ones (not familiar with the range). If so, the traditional locations are
Left and Right of your TV. The centre should be just above or below, central and pointing to the main listening area.

The other speakers are probably dependant on your layout of the room and furniture. Usually best if to the sides but slightly behind you on the left and right sides.

The other 2 - did you consider these as Rear Speakers or for ceiling mount for "immersive" audio?

Both your SkyHD and BluRay should go to HDMI inputs on the Denon. And an HDMI cable from the Denon to the TV.

Take your time, might be a steep learning curve, but that's what midlife crisis is all about.....

First of all send back the audio quest pearl HDMI cables and replace with amazon basics HDMI cables and question who advised those and if advised the rest question that as well . Not that there is anything wrong with your choices but if you don't know why you bought this equipment then it's a bit concerning

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom