Not Good: "HD Recording issues"

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mike_tv, Aug 3, 2006.

1. mike_tv

mike_tv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was recording a show on Discovery last night while watching the new Eureka series on Sky One HD (both recording), after a while I left the room, when I came back I tried to rewind Sky One. The box started rewinding and I found the place where I left and started playing, the box then froze for a few seconds (picture froze totally) and then turned itself off!

I couldn't switch it back on with the remote so I switched off at the wall and reset, eventually the box started up and continued recording Sky One (Discovery program had finished at this point). When I checked the recordings the Discovery program had a "Technical Fault" and had not recorded and the Sky One recording only began at the point where the box restarted (over an hour after it started recording).

On several other occasions my box has failed to record due to "Technical Fault" and "Power Outage" (even though there was no power cut).

Do other people have these issues or is it just me? Is it a problem with my box or just crap software?

I didn't have Sky+ before but I am not impressed! I am seriously considering cancelling the whole Sky package if this is going to be normal behaviour. The whole point of Sky+ is to record stuff so you can watch it anytime, if this doesn't work what's the point?

Apologies for the long rant :mad:

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I had similar issues, and it was always the first recording on the planner that caused the problems. It went away when I put a larger drive in, and testing the original drive in a PC revealed a faulty sector on the drive.

3. mike_tv

mike_tv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, so maybe I need to phone up Sky and get a replacement box! Thanks.

4. Rizza

Rizza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    I've experienced this on the normal sky+ box as well.

Rizza

5. mmace

mmace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I had this exact thing when recording SD and HD together, now if I record HD then I avoid recording anything else