Not Going Out: Could Be An Other Gem

Was just beaten to being the worst by the car episode.

I stopped watching after the car episode.

The other night I tried to watch a Lee Mack standup performance and thought it was crap. I like him on panel shows as he's really good at quick fire off the cuff unscripted stuff, but it didn't transfer well at all for me into a stage performance.

The other night I tried to watch a Lee Mack standup performance and thought it was crap. I like him on panel shows as he's really good at quick fire off the cuff unscripted stuff, but it didn't transfer well at all for me into a stage performance.

I'm a big fan of Would I Lie To You. He's great on that. I haven't seen much of his stand up stuff and it hasn't stuck in my mind. Maybe that says a lot.

Bri

I'm not normally I fan of these types of shows I'm find this show, enjoyable

Im not much into comedians on stage these days, they seem to talk about the most mundane things and the audience laugh. The ones I have laughed at are Peter Kay, Ross Noble, Jimmy Carr(although don't like as a person), the first show of Sean Lock I enjoyed but not the second. Ricky Gervais thought his Animals show very good but each following been progressively worse
Lee Mack I found just tolerable, not that bad to switch off but not great for repeat viewing.

You said you don't follow the show, so can't really say one way or the other if its the cream of the crop of sitcoms. I think it had an excellent run before this situation change and time jump. That was a terrible episode you watched, we all thought so. Nothing wrong with gross out humour when it's actually funny.

I've seen many episodes from the older series. I've just not seen any since it changed things up. It's a show that as far as I've seen is on a downward spiral. Although, I've seen a couple more eps from this series and they were decent, amusing. Nothing more.

I've seen many episodes from the older series. I've just not seen any since it changed things up. It's a show that as far as I've seen is on a downward spiral. Although, I've seen a couple more eps from this series and they were decent, amusing. Nothing more.
Oh twadi

Anyway off to open something for the wife's dinner think I may treat her with this.
Joke.jpg

:rolleyes:

Not one of the best but way way better than the one with the kids in it and quite funny with the parents at the end.

Not the worst of this series last night but sad compared with other seasons.:(
Think they could do with more of the parents especially Bobby Ball and less of the kids.

Is there an other episode to be broadcast every week its been flagged as -/8 but this weeks was flagged as 7/7 and next week in its spot is sport.

could be a seasonal ep, put back until Easter/Halloween/Christmas
may be at the rate there going they could have that 4th child age 10 and the other 3 left home and got jobs:laugh:

Or it come out they been hypnotized by aliens and given 3 alien kids to look after and loads of money to get that house there living in and why Lee the waster the main bread winner.

Just seen a couple of eps, much better. They were the 'having a another baby and the marriage counselling' eps. Many lol moments.

The last series is being repeated tonight at 10.35pm BBC 1

Just found this.

Ok, sometimes patchy but in general a good way to pass an evening

About to shoot Series 9. Studio audience tickets now released.
Tickets have just been released for the ninth series of Rose d’Or and RTS award-winning sitcom NOT GOING OUT starring BAFTA winner LEE MACK (Would I Lie To You? BBC One), SALLY BRETTON (Green Wing, Channel 4) and HUGH DENNIS (Outnumbered, BBC One).

Venue: PINEWOOD STUDIOS

Dates (doors 6.30pm):
24/11
01/12
08/12
15/12
22/12
12/01
19/01

If you are not registered to TV recordings then please sign up here: http://www.tvrecordings.com/register

BOOK HERE: http://www.tvrecordings.com/shows/view/60

the sitcom scene is thriving away from the major channels but it's sad that once upon a time the prime time/main channel comedy shows were of the highest calibre (only fools and horses being the greatest example but also fawlty towers to blackadder and everything in between) and now all they can produce is this pathetic whimper.
The 2015 xmas special of NGO was the most painful, poor, unfunny and pointless of all. Signalled the death knell of the BBC 1 christmas special for me, a once proud tradition that does not have a place in today's listings. (the only other xmas specials of recent days I can remember are Mrs Brown's Boys and Citizen Khan)

the sitcom scene is thriving away from the major channels but it's sad that once upon a time the prime time/main channel comedy shows were of the highest calibre (only fools and horses being the greatest example but also fawlty towers to blackadder and everything in between) and now all they can produce is this pathetic whimper.
The 2015 xmas special of NGO was the most painful, poor, unfunny and pointless of all. Signalled the death knell of the BBC 1 christmas special for me, a once proud tradition that does not have a place in today's listings. (the only other xmas specials of recent days I can remember are Mrs Brown's Boys and Citizen Khan)
There was Count Arthur Strong, not as funny as the radio series and killed off anyway.

Mrs Brown's Boys and Citizen Khan are as funny as cancer.

BBC has also done Upstart Crow. Watched one episode then haven't bothered since.

Will & Grace and Curb Your Enthusiasm are better and US.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom