Not getting a 4K output from my Xbox one S when connected via Arcam avr 850

Rupert123

Novice Member
Hi,

I would really appreciate a bit of help.

I have been trying to figure out why I can’t get a 4K output to my TV from my Xbox one S after connecting to my Arcam receiver using an HDMI input. I recently bought the Arcam avr 850 from eBay and trying to set up my home cinema. Plans are to connect all inputs from sky, Xbox, Apple TV via HDMI to Arcam and use one of the outputs to my tv and the other to my pj.

My sky Q box , however, when connected to the Arcam input seems to be able to output a 4K signal to my TV via the Arcam HDMI output. My TV is 4K capable, but my Xbox using the same HDMI output from Arcam to my tv is only transmitting a 1080p signal.( the 4K option is greyed out in my xbox settings and message from Xbox states that my tv does not support 4K).

I would like to use the second HDMI output from Arcam to output a 4K signal to my pj. But I am struggling to get a 4K image even to my TV from my Xbox one S. When I unhooked the HDMI cable ( connecting tv and Arcam output) from the Arcam Output hdmi slot and directly connected to the Xbox I get a 4K output on my TV. I am sure that arcam avr 850 is capable of processing a 4K signal and demonstrates this by outputting a 4K signal from the Sky Q box, so I don’t get why the Xbox isn’t doing the same!

Any advice will be highly appreciate.

thanks,

Rupert

Rambles

Distinguished Member
First off, use premium certified HDMI cables from source to amp and from amp to TV. No need to spend a fortune on upgrading / replacing your current cables:

Amazon product

mikeysthoughts

Which HDMI input are you using on the Arcam? Try a couple, using the same cable that you use for the Sky Q box

Rupert123

Novice Member
I tried using the ‘game’ input and then the ‘BD’ input. I then unplugged the hdmi cable from the back of the sky Q box and connected that directly to the Xbox one to see if that gives me a 4K option on my tv as display. It sadly didn’t! Still showed up only the 720 and 1080p options!

Rupert123

Novice Member
I have ordered a premium certified hdmi cable which arrives tomorrow. Will connect the Xbox one S to the ‘BD’ input on Arcam and see if that helps!

Rupert123

Novice Member
I am not sure. How do I find out? I had the 850 installed by a nintronics tech expert last month who checked that the firmware was up to date and also did a Dirac correction.

Deadorred

sounds like it’s probably an Xbox one S problem perhaps.

Not sure if you've resolved the issue or not, but I have. I tried swapping to a brand new hdmi cable which didn't help.

Then I decided to do something which was so simple, something I should have done before anything but failed to, I did a factory reset of the receiver. Everything is now working absolutely perfectly.

Rupert123

Novice Member
I am going to try the new HDMI cable and then a factory rest if it doesn’t work. Will report results tomorrow. Thanks!

Rupert123

Novice Member
On a positive note, connected a 15m fibre optic hdmi cable from Arcam 850 hdmi output to my pj a d it’s transmitting a sky UHD signal very well!

Rupert123

Novice Member
Resetting the x box one S did the trick. I can get a 4K output to my tv. But now, when I am trying to play my sky Q , there comes an error message stating ‘ this display is not HDCP compliant’ not sure what’s going on and when I pull out the HDMI from my pj, the sky Q displays a 4K image again. Does anyone know what to do...

Rupert123

Novice Member
Finally managed to solve my issues with the Arcam and HDMI outputs not displaying a 4K image at the same time

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom